StealthUK

Default Underground drainage damaged!

Hi folks,

Wondered if anyone here could offer any suggestions. My parents are
having their driveway re-done with block paving. They got some guys in
to do the job and when they were using the concrete breaker on the
original path they also broke an underground drainage pipe which
serves the house guttering drain pipe one end. Rather than let them do
a bodge repair before they lay the paving down I'd like some advice.

There is a picture of the damage he
http://tinyurl.com/lz07

Now beyond breaking it right up to the original connections either end
is there any way of fixing it in-situ? I ask this because the whole
thing has been set in loads of concrete and trying to remove it looks
like being a task,in fact just trying to get a clean cutting point
either end is hard because as you try to chip away the outer concrete
the drain gets chipped or broken. I was thinking of placing a plastic
sleeving within the pipe to repair it and then sealing it with some
fibre glass system. What do you think?
Tom @ HollyLodge

"StealthUK" wrote in message
m...
[...]

call a lawyer

---
AVG Free Edition

Peter Crosland

Get their insurers to arrange it.

BillR

Peter Crosland wrote:
Get their insurers to arrange it.

Assuming they have insurance...

Peter Crosland

Assuming they have insurance...

Exactly! However, the repair still needs to be done properly and not be
bodged.

StealthUK

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message ...
Assuming they have insurance...

Exactly! However, the repair still needs to be done properly and not be
bodged.

No, they don't have insurance. It's one guy who was recommended
through a friend (and his helping hand) and from what I have learned
speaking to him over the last week he is a jack of all trades, master
of none. He initially said he had done block paving but it turns out
he did it in someones back garden. He keeps telling my parents how he
did them a special low price and never took into consideration how
thick the concrete was going to be to break, so I think I know where
this is going to head. So it's up to me get it fixed because I know if
he undertakes it he will just stick a bin liner over it.
Baxter Basics

I agree, gaffer-tape and v strong mix mortar.

Using underground fittings internally john UK diy 1 August 29th 03 11:17 AM
Good books for drainage, sewage disposal etc John UK diy 1 August 28th 03 06:34 PM
Replacing damaged joists DjB UK diy 14 July 16th 03 12:42 PM
Best way to source replacement damaged tiles? tony sayer UK diy 1 July 3rd 03 09:30 PM