Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
John

Default What Is It Called

What is the name of the waterproof panelling that is used instead of tiles
in a shower area? I thought it was AquaBoard but after Googling this
appears to be a panel you put behind the tiles. I am after a fix and forget
board with no grout etc to worry about.

TIA

John

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
Andy Burns

John wrote:

What is the name of the waterproof panelling that is used instead of tiles
in a shower area? I thought it was AquaBoard

close, try aquapanel ...
Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
Andy Burns

Andy Burns wrote:

John wrote:

What is the name of the waterproof panelling that is used instead of
tiles in a shower area?

Oh sorry, I thought you'd said "as a backing for tiles" rather than
"instead of tiles"
Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
Andy Burns

Andy Burns wrote:

"instead of tiles"

perhaps this
http://www.absealantsltd.com/decorative_cladding.htm

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

John wrote:

What is the name of the waterproof panelling that is used instead of tiles
in a shower area? I thought it was AquaBoard but after Googling this
appears to be a panel you put behind the tiles. I am after a fix and forget
board with no grout etc to worry about.

Are you thinking of Corian?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

We use Grant Westfield MultiPanel - http://www.grantwestfield.co.uk

Other versions include Mermaid, but it's more expensive.

Andrew

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
me

"John" wrote in message
What is the name of the waterproof panelling that is used instead of tiles
in a shower area? I thought it was AquaBoard but after Googling this
appears to be a panel you put behind the tiles. I am after a fix and
forget board with no grout etc to worry about.

TIA

John

Can't recommend the suppliers but here's a few....

http://www.bathroommarquee.co.uk/shower-wall-panel.htm
http://www.bathroomexpress.co.uk/aca...panelling.html
http://www.norske-int.co.uk/

what is it called? ron UK diy 14 April 4th 06 10:16 AM
What is this product called here Mark Trueman UK diy 10 March 14th 06 07:14 AM
What is the smallest size wood that can be called wood working? Jack Forbes Woodworking 8 January 15th 06 06:01 PM
Whats it called, how do I make on? Andrew VK3BFA Metalworking 15 December 2nd 05 11:24 PM
Whats this type of foundation called ? Sonbo Home Repair 2 December 1st 05 11:32 PM