Junior Member

Wink Drayton Flowshare 2

Hi Guys!

I am new to this forum so please bear with me.....

I have a Drayton Flowshare 2 3 port valve..it is causing me endless problems by sticking in one position or the other.

The question is....does anybody know if i can replace just the syncro motor head or is it a drain down and complete swap of valve?

Any help advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Last edited by sweetpea : May 7th 06 at 07:17 PM Reason: mispelling
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills

Default Draytona Flowshare 2

sweetpea wrote:

Hi Guys!

I am new to this forum so please bear with me.....

I have a Drayton Flowshare 2 3 port valve..it is causing me endless
problems by sticking in one position or the other.

The question is....does anybody know if i can replace just the syncro
motor head or is it a drain down and complete swap of valve?

Any help advice would be appreciated.

Regards

You can change just the synchro motor in many actuators. Screwfix do one for
under 8 quid which fits ACL Drayton 672, 679 and 773 actuators. Is your one
of these?

Having said that, that may not be the problem. If the mechanical (wet) part
of the valve is sticking, replacing the actuator - or parts thereof - won't
make any difference. So you need to identify the root cause, and attack
*that*.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Junior Member

Thanks for the advice guys..it is appreciated.

Is there quick way of establishing which sycron motor i have? will it have a reference number stamped on it somewhere?

Also, you mention about the 'wet' part of the valve...there are what appear to be four retaining screws on the base of the actuator and a black mount sitting between the actuator and the valve.....can this be released or will that become wet?

Thanks.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills

sweetpea wrote:

Thanks for the advice guys..it is appreciated.

Is there quick way of establishing which sycron motor i have? will it
have a reference number stamped on it somewhere?

Also, you mention about the 'wet' part of the valve...there are what
appear to be four retaining screws on the base of the actuator and a
black mount sitting between the actuator and the valve.....can this be
released or will that become wet?

Thanks.

Does the valve and actuator look like one of these? http://tinyurl.com/k3hc6
If so, it should be possible to remove the actuator (the white box full of
electrical bits) from the wet part (the brass bit with the water
connections) just by pressing a button - and without spilling any water!

Failing that, you may have to remove some screws - but with any luck, the
valve itself should still be a sealed unit, enabling the actuator to be
removed without water spillage. But proceed with caution - just in case -
because I have heard of some valves which are not dismantleable - but
hopefully this isn't one of them.

With respect to the synchron motor, the numbers I quoted last time are the
*actuator* number not the motor ID. Screwfix only sell one type of motor
which fits a whole raft of actuators. If your actuator is one of the ones
listed - there should be a label on it somewhere - the SF motor will fit.

But don't forget what I said last time - check that the spindle of the valve
itself is not over tight to turn - because your problem could well be a
partially seized valve, and the actuator may be perfectly ok.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Mills
sweetpea wrote:

[...]

Hi Roger,

Thanks for the info....i'm afraid it does not look like the one pictured in your link, it certainly cannot be removed without undoing screws/bolts.
It looks like this;

I appreciate the advice and will do a little more digging before taking the plunge...hopefully not literally!

Thanks Again.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills

sweetpea wrote:

Hi Roger,

Thanks for the info....i'm afraid it does not look like the one
pictured in your link, it certainly cannot be removed without undoing
screws/bolts.
It looks like this;
[image:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46...lowshare2.jpg]
I appreciate the advice and will do a little more digging before
taking the plunge...hopefully not literally!

Thanks Again.

I would still expect you to be able to remove the actuator. The thing to do
is to partially slacken the screws, and start to pull the actuator off. If
any water comes out, do the screws up again quickly.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , sweetpea
writes

Hi Guys!

I am new to this forum so please bear with me.....

I have a Drayton Flowshare 2 3 port valve..it is causing me endless
problems by sticking in one position or the other.

The question is....does anybody know if i can replace just the syncro
motor head or is it a drain down and complete swap of valve?

Any help advice would be appreciated.

Drayton flowshares are very good at melting the microswitches in the
head, just check them out first

.... then look at changing the synchron motor -it's the standard one
that's used in most others IIRC

It is unlikely that you will need to break into the water circuit

--
geoff