Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

Default Radio interference from flowshare valve

This is not constant, it began this morning, continued for an hour or so and
has now stopped.

There's a new boiler, programmer and associated technology in the revised
hot water/ch installation which I'm happy to describe if asked for details
but I don't know what might be relevant. The (diy) installation was
completed a couple of days ago and, as far as we know, didn't affect the
radios before. They're playing in all rooms all day long so we would have
noticed it.

The timing of the radio interference - on every radio in the house (we don't
have a tv) - is exactly the same as the 'ticking' of the valve, which is a
Honeywell V4073

Can anyone suggest a cause, please? And if so, a remedy?

TIA

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil

If you disturbed the wiring to the valve, it may be that one of the
connections has become high(er) impedance, forming a transmission line.
Check tightness/security of connections, maybe add a ferrite ring
looped through the lead to the solenoid if there is still a problem.

Phil.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

"Phil" wrote in message
oups.com...

If you disturbed the wiring to the valve,

There was no disturbance, it was a new installation.

it may be that one of the
connections has become high(er) impedance, forming a transmission line.
Check tightness/security of connections

It's been double checked.

maybe add a ferrite ring
looped through the lead to the solenoid if there is still a problem.

Thanks for that, something to consider if it happens again.

Mary

Phil.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , Mary Fisher
writes
This is not constant, it began this morning, continued for an hour or so and
has now stopped.

There's a new boiler, programmer and associated technology in the revised
hot water/ch installation which I'm happy to describe if asked for details
but I don't know what might be relevant. The (diy) installation was
completed a couple of days ago and, as far as we know, didn't affect the
radios before. They're playing in all rooms all day long so we would have
noticed it.

The timing of the radio interference - on every radio in the house (we don't
have a tv) - is exactly the same as the 'ticking' of the valve, which is a
Honeywell V4073

Can anyone suggest a cause, please? And if so, a remedy?

Could be a faulty microswitch in the actuator head

or a problem with the relay(?) driving it

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Mary Fisher
writes
[...]

I'll suggest that to him. There shouldn't be anything faulty, it's all new.
But thanks,

Mary

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , Mary Fisher
writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Mary Fisher
writes
[...]

It wouldn't be the first time

blind faith in new = working can waste a lot of time in diagnosing
problems

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Mary Fisher
writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Mary Fisher
writes
[...]

er -did I say I had faith in its newness?

No, I said it SHOULD be working because it was new. That's not the same
thing at all. I think it's fair to expect something new to work.

Mary

--
geoff