Posted to uk.d-i-y
iajon

Default where can I find an 800 x 800 200 shower tray?

I've been looking for a while for a square 800 x 800 x 200 shower tray
without any success! Anyone know of anywhere that would be able to
supply one?
Or any source of reasonably priced 800 x 800 square shower trays would
also be helpful just in case I can't get an 800 x 800 x 200?
Thanks in advance

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle

Or any source of reasonably priced 800 x 800 square shower trays would
also be helpful just in case I can't get an 800 x 800 x 200?

I'm not sure why the height is important to you.

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/55-1971

I have a Coram Waterguard shower tray. This is a plastic one on legs, so it
much lighter than the traditional stone type, making it a one person fit. It
is probably not a million miles from 200mm high. Mine is 900x800, but I
think they do loads of sizes.

The trap fits underneath the tray with no need for underfloor space. Very
easy to service. As it happens, I needed a large void underneath my tray for
a Sanishower and didn't want to bury it in the floor.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
iajon

I need to replace an old shower tray of that height and was hoping to
find one of the same height so that I haven't got to do any re-tiling
or re-fitting of the shower doors - it would then just be a case of
old one out and new one in!
Just doesn't work like that though!
Bathroom is fully tiled so if shower tray height is different then it
could mean trying to locate matching tiles - tiles were already there
when we bought the house! Will definitely try the link though -
thanks.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle

I need to replace an old shower tray of that height and was hoping to
find one of the same height so that I haven't got to do any re-tiling
or re-fitting of the shower doors - it would then just be a case of
old one out and new one in!

The Coram ones have tiling upstands that go behind the tiles and so couldn't
be retrofitted to an existing tiled wall, unless you are able to replace the
bottom row.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley

In article .com
iajon wrote:
I need to replace an old shower tray of that height and was hoping to
find one of the same height so that I haven't got to do any re-tiling
or re-fitting of the shower doors - it would then just be a case of
old one out and new one in!
Just doesn't work like that though!

So get a lower one and raise it to meet the tiles.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mungo

iajon wrote:

I've been looking for a while for a square 800 x 800 x 200 shower tray
without any success! Anyone know of anywhere that would be able to
supply one?

Get a quote from a sheet metal supplier in your area to build you a
tray out of stainless steel.
Search here for the saga of my stainless steel shower tray (still going
strong a few years after installation).
And "no" - it isn't cold underfoot (the steel is 1mm thick).

Mungo

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster

Christian McArdle wrote:
http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/55-1971

I have a Coram Waterguard shower tray. This is a plastic one on legs, so it
much lighter than the traditional stone type, making it a one person fit. It
is probably not a million miles from 200mm high. Mine is 900x800, but I
think they do loads of sizes.

I'm thinking of buying one if these things although have never seen one
other than in pictures. I presume you reckon it's OK then? Is it as
good as it looks in terms of ease of fitting; and how about stability in
comparison with a stone-resin job?

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jeff

"Lobster" wrote in message
Christian McArdle wrote:
http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/55-1971

I have a Coram Waterguard shower tray. This is a plastic one on legs, so

it
much lighter than the traditional stone type, making it a one person

fit. It
is probably not a million miles from 200mm high. Mine is 900x800, but I
think they do loads of sizes.

I'm thinking of buying one if these things although have never seen one
other than in pictures. I presume you reckon it's OK then? Is it as
good as it looks in terms of ease of fitting; and how about stability in
comparison with a stone-resin job?

I have a 900 x 900 one of these that I fitted 3 years ago and has just been
removed and refitted, totally stable totally watertight, make sure you get
the right one for your application re number of upstands, fwiw I got from
plumbworld

Regards Jeff

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle

I'm thinking of buying one if these things although have never seen one
other than in pictures. I presume you reckon it's OK then? Is it as
good as it looks in terms of ease of fitting; and how about stability in
comparison with a stone-resin job?

It seems pretty well made. It isn't in use yet, though. It is MUCH easier to
fit than a stone resin tray. To use the tiling upstands, you need to build
the alcove accurately and tile after fitting.

Christian.

Are You Looking For Aquasana Shower Filters With Discount Price nitin Home Ownership 0 April 21st 06 10:48 AM
Where can I find "metal" shower nozzle fittings ? 'ole Home Repair 3 April 10th 05 05:31 PM
Shower Tray John UK diy 2 February 9th 05 10:29 AM
Shower tray replacement James Fidell UK diy 2 April 29th 04 11:25 PM
Shower leak Dan Harms Home Repair 8 October 21st 03 01:03 AM