Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kevin Green

Default Creased Leather

Not too O/T I hope, but can anyone suggest how to get creases out of a
leather jacket? It's a new one, and has been folded in a box with the
result that the collar has two creases in which don't lie flat when I wear
it. I've tried pressing it for a few days under some weights but that didn't
work.

Any ideas?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Kevin Green wrote:
Not too O/T I hope, but can anyone suggest how to get creases out of a
leather jacket? It's a new one, and has been folded in a box with the
result that the collar has two creases in which don't lie flat when I
wear it. I've tried pressing it for a few days under some weights but
that didn't work.

Any ideas?

Cant help with your problem but DO NOT iron it out.

I think you're going to massage it out? a cold iron and a towel over the
leaher.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Me

"Kevin Green" wrote in message
.. .
Not too O/T I hope, but can anyone suggest how to get creases out of a
leather jacket? It's a new one, and has been folded in a box with the
result that the collar has two creases in which don't lie flat when I wear
it. I've tried pressing it for a few days under some weights but that
didn't
work.

Any ideas?

The method I have heard used is a two-stage process involving cold and heat.
Firstly find a suitable flat area to work at. Use an ironing board etc.
Lay out your jacket flat and get an ice block or freezer pack (frozen) and a
tea towel or other absorbent cloth. Lay the tea towel over the crease
(double thickness for best protection) and put the ice pack on top. Leave it
like this for 10-15 mins but keep checking to make sure the leather is not
getting wet.

Remove the ice and turn your iron on to a low heat (the wool setting) with
no steam. With the tea towel still protecting the leather gently press the
crease flat. Don't leave the iron on there for too long though because it
will singe the leather.

Repeat the process if necessary. The crease should then relax out and become
a lot less noticeable.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sparks

"Kevin Green" wrote in message
.. .
Not too O/T I hope, but can anyone suggest how to get creases out of a
leather jacket? It's a new one, and has been folded in a box with the
result that the collar has two creases in which don't lie flat when I wear
it. I've tried pressing it for a few days under some weights but that
didn't
work.

Any ideas?

As you say it's new, I would take it back and exchange it, rather than risk
damaging it further!

Sparks...

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Sparks wrote:
"Kevin Green" wrote in message
.. .
Not too O/T I hope, but can anyone suggest how to get creases out of
a leather jacket? It's a new one, and has been folded in a box with
the result that the collar has two creases in which don't lie flat
when I wear it. I've tried pressing it for a few days under some
weights but that didn't
work.

Any ideas?

As you say it's new, I would take it back and exchange it, rather
than risk damaging it further!

Sparks...

Why should they change it for another? it was his fault not hanging it up
in the first place.
Unless it came in a box, that would make a difference?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sparks

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
. uk...
Sparks wrote:
"Kevin Green" wrote in message
.. .
Not too O/T I hope, but can anyone suggest how to get creases out of
a leather jacket? It's a new one, and has been folded in a box with
the result that the collar has two creases in which don't lie flat
when I wear it. I've tried pressing it for a few days under some
weights but that didn't
work.

Any ideas?

As you say it's new, I would take it back and exchange it, rather
than risk damaging it further!

Sparks...

Why should they change it for another? it was his fault not hanging it up
in the first place.
Unless it came in a box, that would make a difference?

Sorry, I assumed it came in the aforementioned box - maybe the OP can
clarify?

Sparks...