Posted to uk.d-i-y
sarjo

Default Where Can I Get Pendant Lights on a Track System

I'm currently having an extension built and I'd like to have pendant
lights installed over a dining table. The problem is that the table
will probaly get moved around so I'd llike to be bale to move the light
around accordingly. Does anyone know of a track system available to
which can be fitted some low hanging pendant lights?

All the ones I've seen so far, are for spot lights.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article . com,
sarjo wrote:
I'm currently having an extension built and I'd like to have pendant
lights installed over a dining table. The problem is that the table
will probaly get moved around so I'd llike to be bale to move the light
around accordingly. Does anyone know of a track system available to
which can be fitted some low hanging pendant lights?

All the ones I've seen so far, are for spot lights.

http://www.illuma.co.uk

Go to mains track and look under track accessories. They seem to come with
the track plug and a pre-wired in length of cable. Dunno if it's possible
to open up the track plug and replace it with the fitting cable - perhaps
it might have to be the other way round.

The old Rotaflex track did supply just the 'plugs'. They were
'interesting' to wire up. ;-) Especially the three circuit stuff I've got.
I don't know if they still exist, though.

--
*Money isn't everything, but it sure keeps the kids in touch.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil Anthropist

"sarjo" wrote:
I'm currently having an extension built and I'd like to have pendant
lights installed over a dining table. The problem is that the table
will probaly get moved around so I'd llike to be bale to move the light
around accordingly. Does anyone know of a track system available to
which can be fitted some low hanging pendant lights?

All the ones I've seen so far, are for spot lights.

http://www.e-lights.co.uk/track/wire2.htm but 12 volt.

Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine

On 22 Apr 2006 03:50:24 -0700, "sarjo"
had this to say:

I'm currently having an extension built and I'd like to have pendant
lights installed over a dining table. The problem is that the table
will probaly get moved around so I'd llike to be bale to move the light
around accordingly. Does anyone know of a track system available to
which can be fitted some low hanging pendant lights?

Candles are much nicer than electric lights at a dining table.

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley

In article . com
sarjo wrote:
I'm currently having an extension built and I'd like to have pendant
lights installed over a dining table. The problem is that the table
will probaly get moved around so I'd llike to be bale to move the light
around accordingly. Does anyone know of a track system available to
which can be fitted some low hanging pendant lights?

All the ones I've seen so far, are for spot lights.

I think this sort

http://www.ikea.com/PIAimages/26478_PE091313_S3.jpg

could be easily adapted. And they're cheap :-)