DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Where Can I Get Pendant Lights on a Track System (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/154502-where-can-i-get-pendant-lights-track-system.html)

sarjo April 22nd 06 11:50 AM

Where Can I Get Pendant Lights on a Track System

I'm currently having an extension built and I'd like to have pendant
lights installed over a dining table. The problem is that the table
will probaly get moved around so I'd llike to be bale to move the light
around accordingly. Does anyone know of a track system available to
which can be fitted some low hanging pendant lights?

All the ones I've seen so far, are for spot lights.

Dave Plowman (News) April 22nd 06 12:32 PM

Where Can I Get Pendant Lights on a Track System

In article . com,
sarjo wrote:
I'm currently having an extension built and I'd like to have pendant
lights installed over a dining table. The problem is that the table
will probaly get moved around so I'd llike to be bale to move the light
around accordingly. Does anyone know of a track system available to
which can be fitted some low hanging pendant lights?

All the ones I've seen so far, are for spot lights.

http://www.illuma.co.uk

Go to mains track and look under track accessories. They seem to come with
the track plug and a pre-wired in length of cable. Dunno if it's possible
to open up the track plug and replace it with the fitting cable - perhaps
it might have to be the other way round.

The old Rotaflex track did supply just the 'plugs'. They were
'interesting' to wire up. ;-) Especially the three circuit stuff I've got.
I don't know if they still exist, though.

--
*Money isn't everything, but it sure keeps the kids in touch.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Phil Anthropist April 22nd 06 12:42 PM

"sarjo" wrote:
I'm currently having an extension built and I'd like to have pendant
lights installed over a dining table. The problem is that the table
will probaly get moved around so I'd llike to be bale to move the light
around accordingly. Does anyone know of a track system available to
which can be fitted some low hanging pendant lights?

All the ones I've seen so far, are for spot lights.

http://www.e-lights.co.uk/track/wire2.htm but 12 volt.

Phil

Frank Erskine April 22nd 06 01:08 PM

Where Can I Get Pendant Lights on a Track System

On 22 Apr 2006 03:50:24 -0700, "sarjo"
had this to say:

I'm currently having an extension built and I'd like to have pendant
lights installed over a dining table. The problem is that the table
will probaly get moved around so I'd llike to be bale to move the light
around accordingly. Does anyone know of a track system available to
which can be fitted some low hanging pendant lights?

Candles are much nicer than electric lights at a dining table.

--
Frank Erskine

Rob Morley April 23rd 06 12:30 PM

Where Can I Get Pendant Lights on a Track System

In article . com
sarjo wrote:
I'm currently having an extension built and I'd like to have pendant
lights installed over a dining table. The problem is that the table
will probaly get moved around so I'd llike to be bale to move the light
around accordingly. Does anyone know of a track system available to
which can be fitted some low hanging pendant lights?

All the ones I've seen so far, are for spot lights.

I think this sort

http://www.ikea.com/PIAimages/26478_PE091313_S3.jpg

could be easily adapted. And they're cheap :-)