Posted to uk.d-i-y
Shokka

Default Estimate needed

Hi All

Can anyone give me a rough estimate as to how much a gardener/handyman
would charge for mowing a couple of small lawns (Maybe 20'x20' each)
and weeding a couple of 15' borders?

I can't get a sensible answer from anyone and I need to budget.

Shokk

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

On 21 Apr 2006 01:32:37 -0700, "Shokka" wrote:

Hi All

Can anyone give me a rough estimate as to how much a gardener/handyman
would charge for mowing a couple of small lawns (Maybe 20'x20' each)
and weeding a couple of 15' borders?

I can't get a sensible answer from anyone and I need to budget.

Shokk

A one-off or on an ongoing basis ..?

Stuart
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Shokka

Well, one off initially then regular bi weekly later in the summer.

A friend is abroad and wishes to rent their house out.

Shokk

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Shokka wrote:
Well, one off initially then regular bi weekly later in the summer.

What is?

A friend is abroad and wishes to rent their house out.

"Let".
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Shokka

The requirement is a one off (Before getting an estate agent in) then
regular once the property is rented out.

shokk

Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMC

"Shokka" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi All

Can anyone give me a rough estimate as to how much a gardener/handyman
would charge for mowing a couple of small lawns (Maybe 20'x20' each)
and weeding a couple of 15' borders?

I can't get a sensible answer from anyone and I need to budget.

Shokk

Often the letting agent if they are to put it in the hands of one will have
a gardener

In my sons case the agent maintains the front garden as part of the letting
cost but the tenant is responsible for the back garden and will have the
cost of tidying it deducted from the deposit when they leave if it is not in
good order then

Tony

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Shokka

Well, he wants to "do it himself" by getting tradesmen in on an "as and
when" basis.

It's down to muggins here to "co-ordinate" all this.

Shokk

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Shokka wrote:
Well, he wants to "do it himself" by getting tradesmen in on an "as and
when" basis.

It's down to muggins here to "co-ordinate" all this.

All what?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Shokka

You haven't been paying attention, have you..?

Shokk

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Englishman in Adana (Turkey)

May God help you, Shokka...

It seems like you won't get a sensible answer from anyone!!!

If I was in the area I'd offer to do it myself but it's a bit far from
here

Best wishes

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Shokka wrote:
You haven't been paying attention, have you..?

Shokk

learn how to post. Price of gardener depends on the area and whether
you employ a gardening company or homless person, so we couldnt tell
you anyway.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Shokka wrote:
You haven't been paying attention, have you..?

Shokk

learn how to post. Price of gardener depends on the area and whether
you employ a gardening company or homless person, so we couldnt tell
you anyway.

NT

PS I was once offered £5 to clear a large overgrown garden!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Spice

"Englishman in Adana (Turkey)" wrote in message
ups.com...
May God help you, Shokka...

It seems like you won't get a sensible answer from anyone!!!

If I was in the area I'd offer to do it myself but it's a bit far from
here

Best wishes

Maybe if the OP wasn't quite so ruthless in his snipping there might be some
context left for people to reply to.

Cheers

Mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Shokka wrote:
You haven't been paying attention, have you..?

Shokk

It's just his way of telling you that you didn't quote any of the
original post in your reply. It's convention on Usenet to include some
"context" so that those who can't be arsed to read the rest of the
thread can tell what's going on.

To try and help you, the three woman company my wife works for charges
£12/hr for this sort of thing, but they are gradually putting the
prices up as they establish a reputation and need to regulate demand
for their services.

You don't say how deep the 15' borders are, how weed infested they are
nor what sort of plants need ongoing maintenance.

Once everything is in trim I would say a couple of hours tops on an
ongoing basis to cut the lawns and keep the borders under control. For
the initial visit I would say a minimum of 4 hours work, probably more
depending on what needs doing.

Get some quotes and let me know how wide of the mark I am.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Douglas de Lacey

Shokka wrote:
You haven't been paying attention, have you..?

Who are you talking to? Why should anyone pay attention to postings like
this?

Douglas de Lacey
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Douglas de Lacey wrote:
Shokka wrote:
You haven't been paying attention, have you..?

Who are you talking to? Why should anyone pay attention to postings like
this?

Douglas de Lacey

Why shoould anyone pay any attention to the likes of you and C Bacon
when all you can do is whinge andd not offer anything helpful to the
OP.

Why not just tell him what he's doing wrong, then perhap's he'll become
a good little poster like the rest of you.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y
RedOnRed

"Douglas de Lacey" wrote in message
Shokka wrote:
You haven't been paying attention, have you..?

Who are you talking to? Why should anyone pay attention to postings like
this?

Douglas de Lacey

She's probably at the end of her tether having to respond to obstructive,
pedantic, nit-pickers like you and Bacon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
RedOnRed

wrote in message
oups.com...

Shokka wrote:
You haven't been paying attention, have you..?

Shokk

Well clearer that the OP be? She's probably not a horticulturist.

Hi All

Can anyone give me a rough estimate as to how much a gardener/handyman
would charge for mowing a couple of small lawns (Maybe 20'x20' each)
and weeding a couple of 15' borders?

I can't get a sensible answer from anyone and I need to budget.

Shokk

If you're in the know, why not give two prices? One for loads of weeds in
the borders and the other for not many.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message
from "RedOnRed" contains these words:

Well clearer that the OP be?

Eh?

Listen chaps, it'd be a lot easier if we all spoke English.

--
Skipweasel

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Helen Deborah Vecht

Guy King typed

The message
from "RedOnRed" contains these words:

Well clearer that the OP be?

Eh?

Listen chaps, it'd be a lot easier if we all spoke English.

UH???

www.nicenstripey.com

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen Dawson

wrote in message
oups.com...

Douglas de Lacey wrote:
Shokka wrote:
You haven't been paying attention, have you..?

Who are you talking to? Why should anyone pay attention to postings like
this?

Douglas de Lacey

Why shoould anyone pay any attention to the likes of you and C Bacon
when all you can do is whinge andd not offer anything helpful to the
OP.

Why not just tell him what he's doing wrong, then perhap's he'll become
a good little poster like the rest of you.

MBQ

Hear, hear

Posted to uk.d-i-y
RedOnRed

"Guy King" wrote in message
The message
from "RedOnRed" contains these words:

Well clearer that the OP be?

Eh?

Listen chaps, it'd be a lot easier if we all spoke English.

--
Skipweasel

Good point that. I don't even know what I meant myself.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

RedOnRed wrote:
"Douglas de Lacey" wrote...
Shokka wrote:
You haven't been paying attention, have you..?

Who are you talking to? Why should anyone pay attention to postings like
this?

She's probably at the end of her tether having to respond to obstructive,
pedantic, nit-pickers like you and Bacon.

Have you cocked anything else up recently?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Eric The Viking wrote:
"RedOnRed" wrote in message
[someone posting withhoy references or context]

She's probably at the end of her tether having to respond to obstructive,
pedantic, nit-pickers like you and Bacon.

Well said.

People who can't post at all properly will be told about it.
They can then post at least somewhat correctly, and are therefore
helped. If you've never seen that, you are inexperienced, but
at least you get it right!
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Eric The Viking

"Chris Bacon" wrote in message
Eric The Viking wrote:
"RedOnRed" wrote in message
[someone posting withhoy references or context]
She's probably at the end of her tether having to respond to obstructive,
pedantic, nit-pickers like you and Bacon.

Well said.

People who can't post at all properly will be told about it.
They can then post at least somewhat correctly, and are therefore
helped. If you've never seen that, you are inexperienced, but
at least you get it right!

So what has the following quote from your original relpy to Shokka got to do
with Netiquette?

A friend is abroad and wishes to rent their house out.

"Let".

Netcop

ETV

Windows replacing: needed scaffolding? Gianfra UK diy 9 May 3rd 13 04:39 AM
people needed work money man UK diy 0 April 14th 06 12:22 PM
telephone wiring HELP needed ! Beowulf Home Repair 34 April 11th 06 02:59 AM
Contractors needed in New Orleans ! [email protected] Home Repair 2 November 21st 05 06:33 PM
Part needed: Kenwood Car Radio KDC-MP625 part needed Klem Electronics Repair 1 September 28th 05 04:27 AM