Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lawrence Zarb

Default lead size for conservatory roof

I will be using code 4 lead flashing for my conservatory roof to house
brick wall sealing. My question is what size should I use. Would 6in be
ok?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cicero

"Lawrence Zarb" wrote in message
news:7ac56515092cf64eb592a61179cb1fe7.52329@mygate .mailgate.org...
I will be using code 4 lead flashing for my conservatory roof to house
brick wall sealing. My question is what size should I use. Would 6in be
ok?

===========================
You need to do some measuring as it depends on where the new conservatory
roof meets the existing house wall.

Measure upwards the vertical distance from the top of the conservatory roof
to the next mortar course. This measurement could be as much as the height
of a brick or nothing depending on where roof meets wall.

Add to this measurement at least 4" which will allow about 1" into the
mortar course and at least 3" for the down slope on the conservatory roof.

Cic.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
keith_765

"Lawrence Zarb" wrote in message
news:7ac56515092cf64eb592a61179cb1fe7.52329@mygate .mailgate.org...
I will be using code 4 lead flashing for my conservatory roof to house
brick wall sealing. My question is what size should I use. Would 6in be
ok?

12" or 300mm. 6" or 150mm on to conservatory roof and wall

Lead Poisoning kr0 Home Repair 36 January 21st 05 04:02 AM
Spray in foam insulation + minimum roof slope? Albert Home Repair 13 November 9th 04 06:53 PM
Lead-Loc and Gas pipes tom w UK diy 29 June 16th 04 11:10 PM
anchoring: carport James Lee Home Repair 3 June 1st 04 06:05 PM
FLAT ROOF - modern recovering methods? Richard Sterry UK diy 10 March 29th 04 10:28 AM