Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cicero

Default lead size for conservatory roof

"Lawrence Zarb" wrote in message
news:7ac56515092cf64eb592a61179cb1fe7.52329@mygate .mailgate.org...
I will be using code 4 lead flashing for my conservatory roof to house
brick wall sealing. My question is what size should I use. Would 6in be
ok?

You need to do some measuring as it depends on where the new conservatory
roof meets the existing house wall.

Measure upwards the vertical distance from the top of the conservatory roof
to the next mortar course. This measurement could be as much as the height
of a brick or nothing depending on where roof meets wall.

Add to this measurement at least 4" which will allow about 1" into the
mortar course and at least 3" for the down slope on the conservatory roof.

Cic.