Posted to uk.d-i-y
dave

Default survey help please

Hi all,
I am in the process of working towards a degree. I am conducting a
very simple survey
asking people the following question.
If you were having a building project done for yourself, would you be
willing to pay a little more to use sustainable, environmentally
friendly
products?
I would be gratefull for any replies.. a simple yes or no would be
fine.
Please reply to

Posted to uk.d-i-y
VisionSet

"dave" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,
I am in the process of working towards a degree. I am conducting a
very simple survey
asking people the following question.
If you were having a building project done for yourself, would you be
willing to pay a little more to use sustainable, environmentally
friendly
products?
I would be gratefull for any replies.. a simple yes or no would be
fine.
Please reply to

Quite obviously the answer most people should give is
"It depends on what 'a little more' means"
I hope this isn't a large part of your degree!

--
Mike W

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Cartmell

In article .com, dave
wrote:
Hi all, I am in the process of working towards a degree. I am conducting a
very simple survey asking people the following question. If you were having
a building project done for yourself, would you be willing to pay a little
more to use sustainable, environmentally friendly products? I would be
gratefull for any replies.. a simple yes or no would be fine. Please reply

I suggest you read some Primary School books on designing and administering
surveys before you go any further with your degree.

Qercus magazine FAX +44 (0)8700-519-527
www.finnybank.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L

dave wrote:
Hi all,
I am in the process of working towards a degree. I am conducting a
very simple survey
asking people the following question.
If you were having a building project done for yourself, would you be
willing to pay a little more to use sustainable, environmentally
friendly
products?
I would be gratefull for any replies.. a simple yes or no would be
fine.
Please reply to

Yes with a 'but' and no with a 'maybe', does this answer your question?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
dg

We never had such books at primary school. Could you recommend any?

dg

Posted to uk.d-i-y
dg

My answer (and that of many past clients) would be no.

Unless the person is a 'green' fanatic with pre-existing ideas on
sustainability and the environment, then most people are more
interested in price and then quality.

Most people don't know if their timber skirting came from managed
forrests in Sweden, of illegal logging in Canada. They don't know that
the paint contains many VOC's, only that it smells a bit. They don't
know that the process of making bricks, blocks and cement is very
energy intensive, and that a timber frame and cladded structure is
available. They don't know that there are other insulation products
which will keep them just as warm, but are easier on the environment to
produce.

If the difference is having a more environmentally friendly extension,
or some chrome switches and nicer wall tiles and bathroom suite, then
the later wins almost every time.

dg

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Cartmell

In article .com,
dg wrote:
We never had such books at primary school. Could you recommend any?

I produce all my own teaching material - so no, sorry.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L

John Cartmell wrote:
In article .com,
dg wrote:
We never had such books at primary school. Could you recommend any?

I produce all my own teaching material - so no, sorry.

I found this one quite informative:

http://i2.tinypic.com/v32lad.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L

Phil L wrote:
John Cartmell wrote:
In article .com,
dg wrote:
We never had such books at primary school. Could you recommend any?

I produce all my own teaching material - so no, sorry.

I found this one quite informative:

wrong link

http://tinypic.com/v32lad.jpg