Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Cowley

Default SDS for hole on concrete path

On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 16:55:32 GMT, JoeZ wrote:

Is an SDS drill the thing to use to drill a 5/8" hole though a (mighty hard)
concrete path? I don't actually have an SDS - but if it'll do the job I'll see
if I can hire one.

Yes, like a hot knife through butter. Don't bother hiring one though as
they're dirt cheap to buy (well, the cheap ones are!):-

http://www.toolstation.com/search.html?searchstr=17425 should be fine.

I bought a 40 quid Ferm SDS+ drill from Screwfix a couple of years ago
and it's drilled countless holes in very hard concrete, dug several long
cable channels in a concrete floor with a chisel bit, and generally
worked very hard, and it's still going strong.
--
Chris Cowley