Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

Default Phew!! thank goodness thats over.

The message
from Owain contains these words:

Tell you what I can't stand...swirly Artex. I don't mind the slightly
stippled look - where the bumps aren't pointy and not more than about
2mm high, but fan-shaped comb-work and so on is utterly abhorrent.

I've got fans *over* wavy.

'Scuse me - I've just got to run and be sick.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

OK driver take my cabbages and Kings.

king whats?

Ease off on the cherry brandy.

You don't know me well enough. That's not my tipple.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

"Guy King" wrote in message
The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

OK driver take my cabbages and Kings.

king whats?

Crustacean.

Queenies?

--
Skipweasel

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

"Owain" wrote in message
Guy King wrote:
Tell you what I can't stand...swirly Artex. I don't mind the slightly
stippled look - where the bumps aren't pointy and not more than about
2mm high, but fan-shaped comb-work and so on is utterly abhorrent.

I've got fans *over* wavy. And some of the worst polystyrene coving I've
ever seen.

Wavy was fashionable in the 1930s. I don't like it but wouldn't condemn it
for others. I can't stand radishes but each to his own.

Mary
Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
t...
In article
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Anyone tried Lining a ceiling on they're own?

I've never had a problem with it (apart from a bit of neck/back ache,
but I seem to get that doing just about anything these days).

Funny, that, I always feel sick when I look at a ceiling. That means, of
course, that Spouse has to do it ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

"Mike Halmarack" ... wrote in message
On Thu, 6 Apr 2006 09:09:14 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

OK driver take my cabbages and Kings.

king whats?

Ease off on the cherry brandy.

You don't know me well enough. That's not my tipple.

What's yours Mary?

Depends what I'm eating or the occasion.

Otherwise, good champagne, good single malt (Ardbeg my favourite), Guinness,
artisan beers, Armagnac ... but we rarely drink alcohol socially. A bottle
of wine with our evening meal, sometimes a dry sherry while cooking it ...

In summer we do get through a lot of bubbly outdoors. Any excuse to
celebrate is grasped :-)

Liqueurs only when I make them myself - bullace (home grown) gin is the
latest. Commercial ones remind me of the cough mixture we used to have. When
we had coughs. Our systems are so pickled now that bacteria don't stand a
chance, that's why the Grim Reaper is trying the big guns.

Mary.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006 09:42:44 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

The Grim Reaper obviously doesn't know what he's letting himself in
for. :-)

--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the (EGG) to email me.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

For some reason he wants me, he's made enough attempts but to date I've
managed to stare him out.

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006 11:01:02 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

The Grim Reaper obviously doesn't know what he's letting himself in
for. :-)

For some reason he wants me, he's made enough attempts but to date I've
managed to stare him out.

Mary

Good for you! I wouldn't be seen dead with anyone displaying such
abysmal dress sense.
--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the (EGG) to email me.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

king whats?

Crustacean.

Queenies?

Nah, one of the London crabs. Kings Crustacean, Charing Crustacean, New
Crustacean and Saint Pan Crustacean.

--
Skipweasel

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

"Guy King" wrote in message
The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

king whats?

Crustacean.

Queenies?

Nah, one of the London crabs. Kings Crustacean, Charing Crustacean, New
Crustacean and Saint Pan Crustacean.

Oh. I thought you meant prawns and that it was a witty reference to chess
.... It would have been applauded :-)