Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

Default Today's special offer

Useful bit of kit

http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/wec.shtml

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield

raden pretended :
Useful bit of kit

http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/wec.shtml

A little late, but better late than never :-)

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , Harry Bloomfield
writes
raden pretended :
Useful bit of kit

http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/wec.shtml

A little late, but better late than never :-)

Sorry, some of us have been doing other things for most part of the day

It was late or nothing, I'm afraid

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer

raden wrote:
In message , Harry Bloomfield
writes
raden pretended :
Useful bit of kit

http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/wec.shtml

A little late, but better late than never :-)

Sorry, some of us have been doing other things for most part of the day

Appropos of nothing in particular I bought myself a suction cup glass
lifting thingumie on Friday. One of those pair of rubber cups attached
to an handle jobs that you pull a lever on the cup and it sucks onto a
polished surface.

So why didn't I buy 2? Because I didn't want one, that's why.

I just had to have one to play around with. So now you know. £4.50. Is
that a good price? The rubbers are 5" disks and the whole tool is about
a foot long.

DAMN. I just realised I could use it to lift my bloody awkward TV. It's
2 1/2 feet wide and I struggle to lift it.

***
1 minute later:

Nope. Won't do.

Only one cup will suck onto the screen. None of them will work on any
other part. Damn!

Great toy for Chrimbo if you have kids and can steel yourself not to
open their presents early.

PS:
If you see any spidermen climbing skyscrapers by using them, you'd
better warn them to be careful of dirty windows before they get too far
up.

PPS.
It will lift melamine but not smooth MDF. Why's that?

(I wish I could think of a reason to go and buy the other one. It feels
daft not having the pair. Hmm.... I may need to get rid of my fridge
freezer one day....)

((..and it wouldn't hurt to be able to move my washing machine to get
that potato out from behind it. Though, it's probably rotted away by
now. Anyone know, offhand, how long those things'll last behind a
washing machine?))

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Fixit

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Harry Bloomfield
writes
raden pretended :
Useful bit of kit

http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/wec.shtml

A little late, but better late than never :-)

Sorry, some of us have been doing other things for most part of the day

It was late or nothing, I'm afraid

--
geoff

just wonder how many clicked on order?? mind you the spaghetti tree had to
be one of the all time best