Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Helen Mayson

Default Wrong screw dilemma!

After excitedly unpacking my new bed from Argos and avidly reading the
instructions, I've foolishly proceeded to put the wrong screw in the
headboard! Rather than the short, fat screw (apparently the 'long
screw' according to the instructions) I tried to screw in the longer,
thinner screw (just called 'screw' on the sheet). Now, despite several
attempts to get it out, it's just spinning and spinning in the hole!

The screw is a cross head and is resting in a metal barrel fixed into
the wooden headboard. Would a magnet help remove this? The screw is
recessed in the barrel about 1cm and is pretty much flush to the sides
with only a tiny gap so I can't get anything around it. It will move up
and down about half a cm, but seems to keep catching just short of
coming out!

It's really frustrating me so any help appreciated!