Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cuprager

Default cleaning CH heat exchanger

Does anyone know where i can get (or improvise!) a tool that will get
between the fins of my CH heat exchanger to clean it without damaging
it? I have used a stiff brush but it is simply not effective at getting
deep enough between the narrow gaps.

TIA

CG
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Cuprager" wrote in message
Does anyone know where i can get (or improvise!) a tool that will get
between the fins of my CH heat exchanger to clean it without damaging it?
I have used a stiff brush but it is simply not effective at getting deep
enough between the narrow gaps.

Stiff cable tiewraps.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Mannix

"Cuprager" wrote in message
Does anyone know where i can get (or improvise!) a tool that will get
between the fins of my CH heat exchanger to clean it without damaging it?
I have used a stiff brush but it is simply not effective at getting deep
enough between the narrow gaps.

TIA

I use a lollipop stick - you can buy bags of them in craft places. Still
hard work but just the right size.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 10:54:24 +0100 Cuprager wrote :
Does anyone know where i can get (or improvise!) a tool that will get
between the fins of my CH heat exchanger to clean it without damaging
it? I have used a stiff brush but it is simply not effective at
getting deep enough between the narrow gaps.

For my unlamented Potterton Envoy I used a short length of heavy grade
nylon strapping.

[Latest version QSEDBUK 1.12 released 8 Dec 2005]

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Stirling

Cuprager wrote:
Does anyone know where i can get (or improvise!) a tool that will get
between the fins of my CH heat exchanger to clean it without damaging
it? I have used a stiff brush but it is simply not effective at getting
deep enough between the narrow gaps.

I struggled for damn ages.
Then I discovered that the crap is water soluble, when I took the heat
exhanger off, and washed it in a bucket of water.