Posted to uk.d-i-y
CampinGazz

Default angled radiator fittings

i've got the small radiators at last for my motorhome,

one of them is a bit of a bugger, the valves stick out the end past the
cupboard it's mounted on, so i need to move the valve to under the rad, got
the room, but need to find the best way to do this.

I know i could just get 2 15mm compression 90 degree angles and make a u
bend up, but i was wondering if there's a u bend or 90 degree valve tail
that screws directly into the rad? i imagine the rad threads are 1/2 inch
bsp.. the tapered jobbies,

i basicaly want to move the valve connection around 180 degrees so it's
under the rad and pointing the oposite way in as short a space as possible,

any suggestions?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster

CampinGazz wrote:
i've got the small radiators at last for my motorhome,

one of them is a bit of a bugger, the valves stick out the end past the
cupboard it's mounted on, so i need to move the valve to under the rad, got
the room, but need to find the best way to do this.

I know i could just get 2 15mm compression 90 degree angles and make a u
bend up, but i was wondering if there's a u bend or 90 degree valve tail
that screws directly into the rad? i imagine the rad threads are 1/2 inch
bsp.. the tapered jobbies,

i basicaly want to move the valve connection around 180 degrees so it's
under the rad and pointing the oposite way in as short a space as possible,

any suggestions?

Do you mean you're just after an angled TRV? If so they are used as
commonly as straight ones. Eg look in he

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/cat.jsp?ts=37917&id=102636

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 12:37:40 +0000, CampinGazz wrote:

I know i could just get 2 15mm compression 90 degree angles and make a u
bend up, but i was wondering if there's a u bend or 90 degree valve tail
that screws directly into the rad? i imagine the rad threads are 1/2
inch bsp.. the tapered jobbies,

i basicaly want to move the valve connection around 180 degrees so it's
under the rad and pointing the oposite way in as short a space as
possible,

any suggestions?

BES should have something, but you might get away with using a
15mm compression elbow as an angled tail (since the thread for the
compression nut is 1/2" BSP). Obviously the thread will be a lot shorter
and you'll have to be an artist with your PTFE tape to get it mechanically
and water tight (or maybe use one of those thread locking compunds like
Talon?).