Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred

Default OT renting out a flat

If your server has it, try uk legal newsgroup-very good!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John

"fred" wrote in message
If your server has it, try uk legal newsgroup-very good!

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

Fred as already requested...

"Fred, could you try to post replies properly, these disjointed replies
are very annoying."

Please reply to the thread and not start another, it makes following the
original thread rather more complicated.

Cheers

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Here you go Fred these people need help.

free.uk.diy.home
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley

In article
John wrote:

"fred" wrote in message
If your server has it, try uk legal newsgroup-very good!

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

Fred as already requested...

"Fred, could you try to post replies properly, these disjointed replies
are very annoying."

Please reply to the thread and not start another, it makes following the
original thread rather more complicated.

He's either a troll or a useless **** - either way he's best ignored.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer

Default Fred's foolishness 1

Get your newsreader sorted out you troll.

Someone number his fecked up posts so we don't have to read them if we
don't have the luxury of killfiles. It's simple enough, if you feel the
need to reply to one of his posts just put his name and a number to it
in the title.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Stanton

He's either a troll or a useless **** - either way he's best ignored.

He admitted a while ago he was a troll, but I am not sure he really
understands what one is...

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

On 21 Mar 2006 14:01:39 -0800, "Weatherlawyer"
wrote:

|Get your newsreader sorted out you troll.
|
|Someone number his fecked up posts so we don't have to read them if we
|don't have the luxury of killfiles. It's simple enough, if you feel the
|need to reply to one of his posts just put his name and a number to it
|in the title.

Killfiles are not a luxury on usenet, many would consider then an absolute
necessity. For howto see http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killfile.

Anyone who reads usenet via google groups could be best described as a
masochist.

I went to the trouble of writing a sig about GGspit see below.

GGspit allows you to quote the text you are replying to why do you not
use that facility?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Using Google

wrote:

|Get your newsreader sorted out you troll.
|
|Someone number his fecked up posts so we don't have to read them if we
|don't have the luxury of killfiles. It's simple enough, if you feel the
|need to reply to one of his posts just put his name and a number to it
|in the title.

Killfiles are not a luxury on usenet, many would consider then an absolute
necessity. For howto see http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killfile.

Anyone who reads usenet via google groups could be best described as a
masochist.

Some of us, for various reasons, are not allowed access to news
servers.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer

wrote:

Some of us, for various reasons, are not allowed access to news servers.

I use Google because it's handy and free. I like the way it sorts out
groups and stats and everything. You have a choice of viewing modes and
the posts get through pdq these days.

If you want to search for a thread a few months back just click on the
month you think it was posted he
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.d-i-y/about

Like System Restore in Windows, it has it's problems. The links fail
after a certain date. I believe this is due to the times their servers
were attacked. It might also relate to spam eradication. I can't say.

I don't think I ever signed up to a news server per se. I used to use
Mailgate.org but I can't be bothered for the limited scope it gives.
But there again it does a better personal search. If I wanted files
from wayback that Google had munged I could go there, I suppose.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

"John" wrote in message

"fred" wrote in message
If your server has it, try uk legal newsgroup-very good!

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

Fred as already requested...

"Fred, could you try to post replies properly, these disjointed replies
are very annoying."

Please reply to the thread and not start another, it makes following the
original thread rather more complicated.

I wonder how uk/legal deals with him?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 12:39:40 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

Subpeona. (since he talks ********).

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message
from Andy Hall contains these words:

Subpeona.

You filthy swine! (sorry, old Goons joke)

--
Skipweasel
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

On 22 Mar 2006 01:51:18 -0800, wrote:

|Dave Fawthrop wrote:
| On 21 Mar 2006 14:01:39 -0800, "Weatherlawyer"
| wrote:
|
| |Get your newsreader sorted out you troll.
| |
| |Someone number his fecked up posts so we don't have to read them if we
| |don't have the luxury of killfiles. It's simple enough, if you feel the
| |need to reply to one of his posts just put his name and a number to it
| |in the title.
|

| Killfiles are not a luxury on usenet, many would consider then an absolute
| necessity. For howto see
http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killfile.

| Anyone who reads usenet via google groups could be best described as a
| masochist.
|

|Some of us, for various reasons, are not allowed access to news
|servers.

Whoever makes anyone else use GG is a Sadist. ;-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer

Dave Fawthrop wrote:

Whoever makes anyone else use GG is a Sadist.

Clever though. Any ideas how and why one might do so?

No need to reply you nut-jar. The question is obviously rhetorical.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

In article .com,
Weatherlawyer wrote:

Is anyone going to explain why?

Is it something to do the the ancient need to download txt in the days
when bandwidth was extrotionate?

Ah yes, YOU get unlimited bandwidth obviously. How about those that don't?
GPRS connections cost good money. Please be considerate of others.

--
AJL
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer

Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics) wrote:
In article .com,
Weatherlawyer wrote:

Is anyone going to explain why?

Is it something to do the the ancient need to download txt in the days
when bandwidth was extrotionate?

Ah yes, YOU get unlimited bandwidth obviously. How about those that don't?
GPRS connections cost good money. Please be considerate of others.

In which case you open he
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.d-i-y/about?hl=en

...select month; open series or genii of posts in tabs or new windows
and unplug the phone line. After answering those desperately needing
one's priceless pearls, reconnect the modem to the tennuous slice of
reality that you occasion and post them.

Even better, store all that on a floppy disk and take it to the local
library where the collected wisdom of the ages can be freely
disseminated. (Assuming one has a local library and it functions as an
internet node.)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Weatherlawyer wrote:
Lobster wrote:

Sure, google groups is just the job for archive searching, but not for posting.

Is anyone going to explain why?

Is it something to do the the ancient need to download txt in the days
when bandwidth was extrotionate?

I don't think I ever signed up to a news server per se.

So maybe now's the time, then?

Why would I want to kill file anyone? And pay for the privilege?

I can see why one would want to avoid a webpage interface if you pay
per minute, or want to use software killfiles if not emotionally robust
enough to just ignore the names you killfile, but otherwise Google
seems adequate.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Weatherlawyer wrote:

Is anyone going to explain why?

Is it something to do the the ancient need to download txt in the days
when bandwidth was extrotionate?

Ah yes, YOU get unlimited bandwidth obviously. How about those that don't?
GPRS connections cost good money. Please be considerate of others.

I fail to see how my method of posting (google or news server) affects
your downloading. Oh, it's a financial consideration you want, to buy a
proper internet connection?

MBQ