BeyerIII

Default Preventing leaks in toy balls using Fix a Flat

[This is a cross post from rec.toys.misc]

Hi Everyone,

About three years ago I purchased a large Franklin 16" Grip-Rite 500
Playground Ball from K-Mart. It lasted a long while, but eventually went
flat because of a slight leak.

While at Discount (Advanced) Auto parts store I purchased a bottle
of Fix a Flat and was able to repair the leak buy injecting it into the
ball using an glue syringe I purchased at West Marine boating
supply store. The glue syringe is all plastic, and the tip of it
is narrow enough to fit into the ball's air valve.

The ball was about 3/4 full of air when I added the Fix a Flat. I
added the Fix a Flat and shook the ball after each injection. I
stopped adding the Fix a Flat when I could hear it splashing
around inside, all together about 10 one ounce injections of
Fix a Flat. I then added enough air to inflate the ball and the
Fix a Flat appears to be working.

Hope this tip helps others,
Keller Beyer
jim

BeyerIII wrote:

[...]

all the balls that we bought at kmart and walmart were thrown out when
the kids grew up.. if they leaked then we threw them out.. buying a can
of fix a flat and the syringe would just be a waste of money.....
but thanks anyway for the info....