Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hot water?

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone can help me?

Basically got a bit of an issue with the hot water in my flat at the
moment. I only have enough hot water for a shower in the morning of
about 15mins. Once thats all gone there is no more hot water all day or
evening, until the next morning when again its only back for about
15mins.

Has anyone got any ideas as to if its something I can fix. Have to
wait a while for someone to come round and fix it apparently.

Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil Anthropist

wrote:
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone can help me?
post snipped

Hi John,

I had a similar problem due to a faulty thermostat on the boiler behind my
Baxi Bermuda gas fire. It was allowing the water to heat for about 15
minutes then would cut out. I turned the water temperature control knob up
higher to near or at the maximum setting and that meant we had lots of hot
water while waiting for a new thermostat to arrive.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Not too sure on the specifics, its called a Santon Premier Plus
(unvented hot water system) Doesn't have a timer, I cant see any
thermostat. There is no central heating, storage heaters.

I'll try and find out some more information.

Cheers for the help.

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills

Lobster wrote:

That sounds similar to a situation I encountered once... I (cleverly,
I thought at the time) fitted an electrically pumped shower to an
unvented system, with a reasonable sized tank - it produced a
wonderful jet of hot water, too - for all of 7 minutes, by which time
the HW tank was completely empty!

Indeed. It doesn't require a degree in rocket science to work out that a 150
litre tank will only supply 20 litres per minute for seven and a half
minutes. Or maybe 10 litres per minute for 15 minutes in the OP's case.

And showers are supposed to use less water than baths, which - of course -
they do if used *sensibly*. I can have a perfectly good shower without
running the water for more than 2 minutes by wetting myself (yes, alright!),
turning the shower off to soap myself, and turning it back on for a good
rinse.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

No, before hand it would run out after say 25 mins then after waiting
an hour or so it would heat back up again enough for another long
shower.

It has only been the last week or so thishas happened.

Roger Mills wrote:
Lobster wrote:

[...]

Salt content of softened water Steve B Home Repair 26 January 25th 06 04:06 AM
The #1 rated home water filter in America Aquasana AQ-4000 nitin Home Ownership 0 December 13th 05 08:44 AM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM