Andrew Barnes

Default creaking laminate floor

it's because laminate is nasty stuff

"yorkie boy" wrote in message
Ive just fitted a lamintae floor down and the damn thing creaks like hell.
I put down that felt underlay stuff on top of 6mm Ply.
The stuff Ive used is the "Relay" type that uses specail metal clips to

hold
the pieces together.
Can anyone help

Thanks

BillR

yorkie boy wrote:
Ive just fitted a lamintae floor down and the damn thing creaks like
hell. I put down that felt underlay stuff on top of 6mm Ply.
The stuff Ive used is the "Relay" type that uses specail metal clips
to hold the pieces together.
Can anyone help

Thanks

I don't know this sort but it sounds to me as if the laminate is not lying
flat against the floor underneath.
Could be voids underneath or the fixing method is causing slight bowing of
the laminate.

Of course you did allow the 10mm gap around the edge?