Posted to uk.d-i-y
mrcheerful

Default What temp should elect immersion heater be set to?

"dave" wrote in message
What temperature should an electric Immersion heater be set to?
Is there a recommended max (even though it may be possible to go beyond
that).
I've heard that if set too high, the pipes clog-up faster.

It is more a safety issue (AFAIAC) If you set it high then children may
scald themselves. So I set mine to uncomfortably hot, yet not immediate
injury, if you see what I mean, I believe this is about 60 - 65 degrees, but
best try it for yourself, then make sure you have enough hot to run a bath!
Some experimentation may be needed.

immersion heating woes... Russ UK diy 16 January 9th 06 06:28 PM
Immersion Water Heater Problem Tim W. Electronics Repair 1 March 27th 05 05:16 AM
Scalding hot water from immersion heater Peter Hawkins UK diy 18 September 26th 04 09:46 PM
Strange immersion heater stat? T i m UK diy 7 March 22nd 04 10:02 PM
Wiring an Immersion Heater Timer Nathan UK diy 4 December 5th 03 10:23 AM