Posted to uk.d-i-y
Donwill

Default Cannot get into RS components site

May be OT, but I cannot acess the RS Components site for some reason. Can
anyone suggest why?
Regards
DonWill

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grunff

Donwill wrote:
May be OT, but I cannot acess the RS Components site for some reason. Can
anyone suggest why?

It would help if you gave just a tiny bit more information. Like what
problem do you experience? What browser are you using? How are you
connected to the Internet? etc.

And yes, it is totally OT.

--
Grunff

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grunff

Kev wrote:

Why is it OT?

Same reason posting about your central heating problems on alt.www.*
would be OT.

--
Grunff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Donwill

"Grunff" wrote in message
Kev wrote:

Why is it OT?

Same reason posting about your central heating problems on alt.www.*
would be OT.

--
Grunff

But I'm trying to fix it myself !!, could be called DIY? :-)
Asking the question on a geek NG would in all probability leave me blinded
by science :-)
But to fill in on my previous inadequate question, on clicking the google
link to RS I am directed to an international page and from the link there I
end up in http://rswww.com/cgi-bin/bv/initSession.jsp? which appears as a
blank page on my Internet Explorer. I used to be able to get into RS, I have
a username & password. I had a virus about 3months ago and had to re build
using the disc that came with the computer, it all seems to work OK but I
dont think I've tried the RS site since then.
I just wondered if it was my computer not tweaked properly or are others
having the same probs with the RS site.
Hope it's not too OT, apologies if it is, and I'll try elsewhere.
Cheers
Donwill

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil

Donwill wrote:
"Grunff" wrote in message
Kev wrote:

[...]

Just type rswww.com into your browser address pane.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Donwill

"Phil" wrote in message
ups.com...

Donwill wrote:
"Grunff" wrote in message
Kev wrote:

[...]

Have done that, It goes into a page which shows "WELCOME to RS ONLINE" at
the top and underneath it says"If you are not redirected in a few seconds
please click here to enter the RS Web site." when I do that it takes me to
the previously indicated site with a blanc page, I think my computer cannot
read the page for some unknown reason.
Donwill

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Donwill popple @diddle .dot wrote:
But to fill in on my previous inadequate question, on clicking the
google link to RS I am directed to an international page and from the
link there I end up in http://rswww.com/cgi-bin/bv/initSession.jsp?
which appears as a blank page on my Internet Explorer.

That link works here ok - and I'm not using the most powerful browser in
the world. ;-)

--
*A fool and his money can throw one hell of a party.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grunff

Donwill wrote:

But I'm trying to fix it myself !!, could be called DIY? :-)
Asking the question on a geek NG would in all probability leave me blinded
by science :-)

I don't actually care - it doesn't bother me. I was just answering your
question.

But to fill in on my previous inadequate question, on clicking the google
link to RS I am directed to an international page and from the link there I
end up in http://rswww.com/cgi-bin/bv/initSession.jsp? which appears as a
blank page on my Internet Explorer. I used to be able to get into RS, I have
a username & password. I had a virus about 3months ago and had to re build
using the disc that came with the computer, it all seems to work OK but I
dont think I've tried the RS site since then.
I just wondered if it was my computer not tweaked properly or are others
having the same probs with the RS site.

You're still not giving enough information. What browser? What operating
system? How are you connected to the Internet?

--
Grunff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Donwill

"Grunff" wrote in message
Donwill wrote:

[...]

You're still not giving enough information. What browser? Internet

Explorer.
What operating
system?

XP
How are you connected to the Internet?
Modem

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee

Donwill wrote:
Have done that, It goes into a page which shows "WELCOME to RS ONLINE" at
the top and underneath it says"If you are not redirected in a few seconds
please click here to enter the RS Web site." when I do that it takes me to
the previously indicated site with a blanc page, I think my computer cannot
read the page for some unknown reason.
Donwill

Are you using a script blocker? It shows a blank page here too, until I
tell NoScript to allow it...

Lee
--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Donwill

"Lee" wrote in message
Donwill wrote:
Have done that, It goes into a page which shows "WELCOME to RS ONLINE"

at
the top and underneath it says"If you are not redirected in a few

seconds
please click here to enter the RS Web site." when I do that it takes me

the previously indicated site with a blanc page, I think my computer

cannot
read the page for some unknown reason.
Donwill

Are you using a script blocker? It shows a blank page here too, until I
tell NoScript to allow it...

Where do I look? where is the Noscript command likely to be?
I plead ignorance
Donwill

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee

Donwill wrote:

Where do I look? where is the Noscript command likely to be?
I plead ignorance

If you don't know, then you probably aren't using one

(NoScript is a Firefox extension )

Lee
--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Donwill

"Lee" wrote in message
Donwill wrote:

Where do I look? where is the Noscript command likely to be?
I plead ignorance

If you don't know, then you probably aren't using one

(NoScript is a Firefox extension )

Lee

Found script blocking in my Norton Antivirus, tried switching it off didn't
make any difference :-((
Cheers
Donwill