Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default where to get coloured epoxy filler ?

I need some coloured epoxy filler (grout ?) to improve a dogdy worktop
join (not done by me). Any ideas ? It needs to end up a yellow/cream
type of colour.
Thanks,
Simon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Wealright

wrote in message
oups.com...
I need some coloured epoxy filler (grout ?) to improve a dogdy worktop
join (not done by me). Any ideas ? It needs to end up a yellow/cream
type of colour.
Thanks,
Simon.

Most good marine or yacht chandlers carry gelcoat repair kits with small
tubes of pigment for colour matching - or try:
http://www.chandleryworld.co.uk
Wealright

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sean

wrote:
I need some coloured epoxy filler (grout ?) to improve a dogdy worktop
join (not done by me). Any ideas ? It needs to end up a yellow/cream
type of colour.
Thanks,
Simon.

http://www.resin-supplies.co.uk/product.htm

try here, has the resin colours too

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer

Wealright wrote:

Most good marine or yacht chandlers carry gelcoat repair kits with small
tubes of pigment for colour matching - or try:
http://www.chandleryworld.co.uk

They are usually inert earths, the same as is used in paint. So if you
are stuck you can get away with dyes or dry out some acrylic artist's
paint and regrind it. A plain white filler will dry to a cream. Try
talc and araldite.

Place a strip of cellotape on a longer strip of tape -adhesive to
adhesive, and use the longer strip to hold the other over the finished
fill.

That will be your finished face. Polishing afterwards will ruin the
shine as it will expose the filler particles.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Wealright

"Weatherlawyer" wrote in message
oups.com...

Wealright wrote:

Most good marine or yacht chandlers carry gelcoat repair kits with small
tubes of pigment for colour matching - or try:
http://www.chandleryworld.co.uk

They are usually inert earths, the same as is used in paint. So if you
are stuck you can get away with dyes or dry out some acrylic artist's
paint and regrind it. A plain white filler will dry to a cream. Try
talc and araldite.

Place a strip of cellotape on a longer strip of tape -adhesive to
adhesive, and use the longer strip to hold the other over the finished
fill.

That will be your finished face. Polishing afterwards will ruin the
shine as it will expose the filler particles.

I repaired a deep gouge in my boat's gelcoat using a repair kit.
Mixed the colour to match, sanded and polished - it had a shine as good as
the original finish.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
crb

wrote:
I need some coloured epoxy filler (grout ?) to improve a dogdy worktop
join

Look at the Fill & Seal range from Trend (the router people).
Expensive, but works really well IME. I have successfully added a drop
of coloured acrylic paint to the Fill & Seal to get a perfect match.

CRB

2 Part Epoxy vs. One Part for Garage floor? [email protected] Home Repair 23 November 4th 19 06:18 PM
How to color epoxy for knot filler? B a r r y Woodworking 8 May 25th 05 01:41 PM
Buffing? Darren Woodturning 4 October 6th 04 04:56 PM
wood filler question Bruce Woodworking 2 February 16th 04 02:05 PM
glue in knotholes T. Woodworking 8 October 8th 03 11:41 PM