Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default condensor dryer blowing cold

I have a 5 year old Creda condensor dryer which is just blowing cold
air. Does anyone have any idea how to fix it. Someone suggested it may
be the thermostat and I could probably do that myself. Reluctant to pay
creda hundreds if its something simple! Please help

Posted to uk.d-i-y
a2z

wrote:
I have a 5 year old Creda condensor dryer which is just blowing cold
air. Does anyone have any idea how to fix it. Someone suggested it may
be the thermostat and I could probably do that myself. Reluctant to pay
creda hundreds if its something simple! Please help

Sounds like guesswork regarding the thermostat. If it hasn't got an
overheating switch on the back that you can just reset then it has an
internal electrical fault up to and including a burned out heating element.
The fault can only be diagnosed after testing and inspection, usually by a
service engineer. Having it repaired professionally will be expensive but
cheaper than buying a new one.

Junior Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2z

I have a 5 year old Creda condensor dryer which is just blowing cold
air. Does anyone have any idea how to fix it. Someone suggested it may
be the thermostat and I could probably do that myself. Reluctant to pay
creda hundreds if its something simple! Please help

Sounds like guesswork regarding the thermostat. If it hasn't got an
overheating switch on the back that you can just reset then it has an
internal electrical fault up to and including a burned out heating element.
The fault can only be diagnosed after testing and inspection, usually by a
service engineer. Having it repaired professionally will be expensive but
cheaper than buying a new one.
yes most likely to be thermostat if you email me with model i let you know if ihave one
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thank-you for your help.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thank-you. It is a Creda T602. Someone said there may be 2 types of
thermostat on it. Is it the little round thing at the back? ( Sorry if
this sounds a bit basic, my hubby is away and I'm trying to sort it out
myself!)

Concrete in cold weather bhads UK diy 1 November 29th 05 07:54 PM
strange flow behaviour from cold water tap. urchaidh UK diy 11 November 24th 05 07:16 PM
Rheem 80 plus furnace blowing cold air Kam Home Repair 2 April 23rd 04 05:20 AM
electric shower doesn't run cold - - advice please! Andrea UK diy 4 July 12th 03 07:59 AM
how do I ensure there is a cold water path to the boilers return BigWallop UK diy 0 July 3rd 03 01:59 PM