Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Asbestos Roof Sheet disposal - Bucks area

Hi,

Fairly specific question this but here goes. My mother is trying to
have her ancient garage replaced. As usual the roof is the white
coloured, corrugated asbestos sheet stuff.

There are 12 8"x3" sheets which aren't damaged significantly. (The
roof leaks badly because of incorrect fall gradient etc.)

Her local council Bucks CC have a sight in Amersham that will take 4
sheets, but the officious bod at their office said that 12 was a
commercial amount and it was 4 sheets per year!!!!

Does anyone know of a decent skip firm in the High Wycombe area that
will take this stuff.
So far Biffa have quoted £1000!!!!! talk about encouraging unsafe
tipping methods.

There appears also to be a landfill site in Gerrards Cross (Gerrards
Cross Waste Disposal LTD) that accepts asbestos but I can't find a
working telephone number for them or whether they will accept household
asbestos waste. Has anyone used them.

TIA Graham

Asbestos testing in apartment (Bay Area, CA) k007 Home Ownership 12 January 27th 06 01:24 AM
Roof Racks - Sheet Goods Bill Stock Woodworking 22 October 11th 04 02:36 PM
Pinging: All Wreckers regarding nutcase posting as me, Bay Area Dave. Puff Griffis Woodworking 40 March 13th 04 02:01 AM
Pitch and gravel roof? Terry UK diy 3 February 25th 04 02:43 PM
victorian/edwardian houses or new houses? mark al UK diy 297 January 16th 04 07:56 PM