Posted to uk.d-i-y
rig doc

Default Large shed design plans anyone?

Hi,
I'm out to build a large wooden shed this year.
Does anyone have any useful links for me to take a browse at regarding the
actual frame design?

I'm not a chippy by trade, but am looking for a few pointers on the correct
way to design the frame (so it doesn't go all rhombic on me!).

I'm going for a flat felt roof with an incline to allow water to roll off.
It's the frame that is my concern. Something that won't distort in high
winds, etc.

I've looked at books but they're all about advanced timber construction -
I'm looking for simple foolproof designs that are guaranteed to work!

Cheers!!

RD

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

rig doc wrote:

I'm out to build a large wooden shed this year.
Does anyone have any useful links for me to take a browse at regarding the
actual frame design?

Any use:

http://www.internode.ltd.uk/workshop/plans.htm

This was what I drew for my one. In reality I built it with less
diagonal members than shown in the plans. In reality I could have done
it without any since it was clad on both sides of the studwork, and that
added plenty of torsional rigidity anyway.

Result is still there years later and very solid:

http://www.internode.ltd.uk/workshop/phase3.htm

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Wow John, that's great!!!! I'm printing it off now.

Cheers!!!

"John Rumm" wrote in message

The End of Pensions -- But Keep Voting for Republicans as You Spend Your Golden Years in a Cardboard Box on the Street Cliff Metalworking 175 November 7th 05 08:17 PM
Speedfit technique Arthur UK diy 615 November 23rd 04 11:50 PM
Cabinet, Furniture Design Software, Autodesk QuickCAD v8.0, Punch Software Home Design Architectural Series 18 v6.0, SOLID V3.5 - CABINET VISION, Cabinet Design Centre v7.0 - Cubit, 20-20 Kitchen Design V6.1,Cabinet Vision Solid, Planit Millennium II athens.gr. Woodturning 0 September 3rd 04 07:45 AM
Anyone use CAD software to design projects? Michael Press Woodworking 118 April 9th 04 02:08 AM
large shed required Owain UK diy 3 August 5th 03 11:32 AM