Owain

Default large shed required

"kam" wrote
| looking to buy a large shed. The largest ive seen is a metal one for
| £450 size 10` x 13` are there any bigger ones available ? preferably
| metal please

second-hand shipping containers / building site stores? Assuming you have
access for the delivery vehcile. Check local small ads or Exchange and Mart.

Owain

Joe Cocker

You may want to try one of those

http://www.gardenbuildingsdirect.co.uk/
http://www.leisurebuildings.com/
http://www.shedsmart.co.uk/

Alternatively, try and find a local firm that has manufacturing capability.
I am expecting delivery of mine in the next few days - a rather small one
that is made to my exact specifications, and the price matches that of the
closest standard shed in their range. I tried to price the materials to see
if it was worth trying to build one myself, but it was too close to call
(and my spare time is rather limited at the moment).

HTH,

Joe.

"kam" wrote in message ...
looking to buy a large shed. The largest ive seen is a metal one for
£450 size 10` x 13` are there any bigger ones available ? preferably
metal please

MikeT

"kam" wrote in message
... looking to buy a large shed. The
largest ive seen is a metal one for £450 size 10` x 13` are there
any bigger ones available ? preferably metal please

I was also looking for a large metal shed, but wanted the door in the
longest side, not the end as they all seem to be. Reason for metal was
low/no maint and easy build time.

Couldnt find what I wanted and the local wooden shed builders didnt have
what I wanted off the peg either (8x16ft pent roof). I got quoted £950
made and delivered to fit on my prepared base area.

Thought I could build a better quality wooden shed exactly as needed for
much less so went ahead after getting quotes for my timber cut list at
several suppliers. The cost was around £480 for timber, sheets of ply,
roof felt and all fixings. I used 2x2ft flags cemented into a level area
with 4x4" tanilised timbers as rails for the 18mm floor ply to sit on.
3x2" timbers for everything else with 12mm ply for the back and sides
(hidden by planting) and shiplap for the front side.

2 Doors will be from 19x125 T&G, ledged and braced (still building)!
Ready made doors were £40 each and materials were £35 for both.

What I didnt realise was just how long it would take me to first level
the site (sloping garden) and then make the base let alone the rest of
the work. I am working alone and having to fix everything as there is
nobody to "just hold this up a minute" adds a lot of time to the job.
Once finished it will no doubt be a much better shed than the £950 one
and will outlast me (all tanilised) but asked if it was worth all the
labour time and I would have to say no. Gonna be a damb fine shed though
says the newbee shed builderS

--
If you want to email me then use this:

MikeT at dsl dot pipex dot com

Alan

www.warwickbuildings.co.uk

Wooden, not metal, but I used them for a 28'x13' garage a few years back and
it's excellent in every respect. I put down the concrete pad, and a single
course of bricks, they built the building in a day.

Spur feed to garden shed... Me UK diy 4 August 6th 03 11:13 AM
Garden Shed Roof Andrew McKay UK diy 6 August 3rd 03 04:41 PM
I beams for shed roof Grunff UK diy 3 July 31st 03 08:29 PM
Power sockets in brick shed Andy Jeffries UK diy 9 July 31st 03 10:53 AM
Shed Again Steve UK diy 1 July 10th 03 08:21 AM