Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer

Default Is there a shredder that works?

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:30:28 GMT Dave wrote :
Can anyone recommend a paper shredder that works (£ is a factor,
as usual). The two I've had are great at putting rows of creases
in the paper! It wouldn't take a S. Holmes to read it afterwards
though.

Mine is a Fellowes 105 cross-cut, cost about £100 appetite to match.
It will also shred CDs. I suspect that this is one of those markets
where you get what you pay for. Equally there's no point in paying
for more than you need.

Looking in the Viking book the current Fellowes cross-cut machine
include

P45C £29.99 6* sheets at a time max 120 sheets per day
PS65C £79.99 8/400
SB85C £169.99 15/1500

*I would take the sheets at one time figure and halve it unless you
like clearing jams

It partly depends on whether you are shredding the old letter or
correspondence/accounts files: one full lever arch file is probably
about 400 sheets.

[Latest version QSEDBUK 1.12 released 8 Dec 2005]

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 11:43:56 GMT, Tony Bryer
wrote:

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:30:28 GMT Dave wrote :
Can anyone recommend a paper shredder that works (£ is a factor,
as usual). The two I've had are great at putting rows of creases
in the paper! It wouldn't take a S. Holmes to read it afterwards
though.

Mine is a Fellowes 105 cross-cut, cost about £100 appetite to match.
It will also shred CDs. I suspect that this is one of those markets
where you get what you pay for. Equally there's no point in paying
for more than you need.

Looking in the Viking book the current Fellowes cross-cut machine
include

P45C £29.99 6* sheets at a time max 120 sheets per day
PS65C £79.99 8/400
SB85C £169.99 15/1500

I have a PS80C-2. IIRC it cost just over £120 originally and is
roughly equivalent to the SB85.

*I would take the sheets at one time figure and halve it unless you
like clearing jams

It's better to feed a few sheets at a time and just keep them going
past the sensor - I agree, about half published rate is about right.

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Andy Hall wrote:

PS65C £79.99 8/400

Probably the one I have...

If I were getting another I would go for a more powerful one. Something
that can swallow credit cards, CDs, paper clips and staples would make
life much simpler.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matt

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 01:31:56 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

If I were getting another I would go for a more powerful one. Something
that can swallow credit cards, CDs, paper clips and staples would make
life much simpler.

CD's and DVD's can be disposed of in the microwave :-)

Lawn mower poor start. Spark plug new, old one works good. lbbss Home Repair 17 July 17th 05 05:19 PM
Previous owners lied about works done - just found out! Earl Kella UK diy 43 June 13th 05 08:46 PM
Fellowes P400C2 shredder mike UK diy 1 March 22nd 05 08:39 PM
Mixer shower only works sometimes Set Square UK diy 17 July 5th 04 06:13 PM
Source For Royal Shredder Parts? Chris Electronics Repair 2 March 7th 04 07:26 AM