Chris

Default Source For Royal Shredder Parts?

Hey All,

I having trouble finding a source to replace a plastic gear in a Royal
CX7000 paper shredder. Anyone got a source? It's the first gear that
runs against the motor shaft - which ironically is grooved just like a
fluted endmill bit.

I think Royal used a plastic gear to guarantee obsolescence. This is
somewhat confirmed by Royal claiming they don't sell parts directly to
customers for safety reasons and suggesting that I buy their new $100
shredder that features all steel gears. The original box for the broken
one advertised steel gears too, apparently it just didn't mean all of them.

-Chris
AL

Chris wrote in message .. .
Hey All,

I having trouble finding a source to replace a plastic gear in a Royal
CX7000 paper shredder. Anyone got a source? It's the first gear that
runs against the motor shaft - which ironically is grooved just like a
fluted endmill bit.

I think Royal used a plastic gear to guarantee obsolescence. This is
somewhat confirmed by Royal claiming they don't sell parts directly to
customers for safety reasons and suggesting that I buy their new $100
shredder that features all steel gears. The original box for the broken
one advertised steel gears too, apparently it just didn't mean all of them.

-Chris

I had the same problem. Check this site out for parts:

http://uweb.superlink.net/jrespler/shredder.htm