Posted to uk.d-i-y
Broadback

Default Slowing hot water tap

When I turn on my hot a water tap as the water runs hot so it runs
slower, so I have to keep turning it higher. I have a combi boiler, is
this normal? If not any ideas on the cure please?
--
Please do not reply to the email address.
All emails are deleted on receipt.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , Broadback
writes
When I turn on my hot a water tap as the water runs hot so it runs
slower, so I have to keep turning it higher. I have a combi boiler, is
this normal? If not any ideas on the cure please?

It depends on the boiler, doesn't it

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Broadback wrote:

When I turn on my hot a water tap as the water runs hot so it runs
slower, so I have to keep turning it higher. I have a combi boiler, is
this normal? If not any ideas on the cure please?

Do you mean that the flow rate falls all by itself as the water warms up?

If so then yes that is normal - but depends a bit on the type of tap. It
is caused by the tap closing mechanism heating up and expanding slightly
- this will force the washer closer to the tap seat in effect turning it
off a bit.

(this is distinct from the normal combi boiler problem of the water
getting colder as you turn the tap on more)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Broadback

John Rumm wrote:
Broadback wrote:

When I turn on my hot a water tap as the water runs hot so it runs
slower, so I have to keep turning it higher. I have a combi boiler,
is this normal? If not any ideas on the cure please?

Do you mean that the flow rate falls all by itself as the water warms up?

That is exactly what I meant, thanks John.

--
Please do not reply to the email address.
All emails are deleted on receipt.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 21:49:09 +0000, raden wrote:

In message , Broadback
writes
When I turn on my hot a water tap as the water runs hot so it runs
slower, so I have to keep turning it higher. I have a combi boiler, is
this normal? If not any ideas on the cure please?

It depends on the boiler, doesn't it

Apart from the Pott. Puma (which slows water flow down to reduce start up
time), most ordinary combis don't alter the flow rate actively. TTBOMK.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message .uk, Ed
Sirett writes
On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 21:49:09 +0000, raden wrote:

In message , Broadback
writes
When I turn on my hot a water tap as the water runs hot so it runs
slower, so I have to keep turning it higher. I have a combi boiler, is
this normal? If not any ideas on the cure please?

It depends on the boiler, doesn't it

Apart from the Pott. Puma (which slows water flow down to reduce start up
time), most ordinary combis don't alter the flow rate actively. TTBOMK.

Didn't read it correctly, did I ?

--
geoff