Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vass

Default Sealant problems

Having now fitted the bath a third time (dont ask)

I used Ever Build Everflex Bath & Kitchen Sealant around the bath edges

After 4 days in a centrally heated house (bathroom included) the sealant
does not appear to have cured

I had a blob of Unibond bathroom and kitchen sealant in the bathroom that
cured in 12 hours
with a nice gloss appearance, feels like a rubber ball

But this everflex stuff is matt, still squishy and quite frankly bloody
awful

So, Is the everflex a faulty batch, not curing, or does it finish up like
this? I could leave a fingernail
imprint in the seal around the bath and I'm pretty confident had I used the
Unibond sealant, such
an attempt to mark the sealant, it would have bounced back to shape.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks

Vass

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vass

"Vass" wrote in message
Having now fitted the bath a third time (dont ask)

I used Ever Build Everflex Bath & Kitchen Sealant around the bath edges

After 4 days in a centrally heated house (bathroom included) the sealant
does not appear to have cured

I had a blob of Unibond bathroom and kitchen sealant in the bathroom that
cured in 12 hours
with a nice gloss appearance, feels like a rubber ball

But this everflex stuff is matt, still squishy and quite frankly bloody
awful

So, Is the everflex a faulty batch, not curing, or does it finish up like
this? I could leave a fingernail
imprint in the seal around the bath and I'm pretty confident had I used
the Unibond sealant, such
an attempt to mark the sealant, it would have bounced back to shape.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Found the answer
the EverBuild stuff is not Silicon, so dries by losing the moisture in the
sealant, whereas Silicon sealant reacts to oxagen and cures in 24hrs
well I know now which to purchase in future !
--
Vass