Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sponix

Default O/T: Ebay DIY "business"

Has anyone seen the businesses offered on ebay whereby you can make
your living by offering a service where you simply drill two holes?

Whilst I don't believe it for a minute, I'm curious as to what sort of
service is on offer.

My thoughts are either smoke alarms or gas detectors..has anyone any
idea?

sponix
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster

Sponix wrote:
Has anyone seen the businesses offered on ebay whereby you can make
your living by offering a service where you simply drill two holes?

No - can you post an ebay ref number (or two?)

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sponix

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 14:23:50 GMT, Lobster
wrote:

Sponix wrote:
Has anyone seen the businesses offered on ebay whereby you can make
your living by offering a service where you simply drill two holes?

No - can you post an ebay ref number (or two?)

Here's an expired one: 5665387743 but there have been loads on ebay
over the past year or so offered by various different people.

Just curious to find out what it's about but I'm too tight to waste
four quid!

sponix

Posted to uk.d-i-y
flash

Default Ebay DIY "business"

"Sponix" wrote in message
Has anyone seen the businesses offered on ebay whereby you can make
your living by offering a service where you simply drill two holes?

Peeping Tom.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sid

"Sponix" wrote in message
Has anyone seen the businesses offered on ebay whereby you can make
your living by offering a service where you simply drill two holes?

Whilst I don't believe it for a minute, I'm curious as to what sort of
service is on offer.

My thoughts are either smoke alarms or gas detectors..has anyone any
idea?

sponix

Please send £2.99 to my Paypal account for a full description of the
product. :-)))

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman

Sponix wrote:
Has anyone seen the businesses offered on ebay whereby you can make
your living by offering a service where you simply drill two holes?

At £1:99 why don't you buy the e book then you can tell us all :-)

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sponix

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 14:36:36 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

Sponix wrote:
Has anyone seen the businesses offered on ebay whereby you can make
your living by offering a service where you simply drill two holes?

At £1:99 why don't you buy the e book then you can tell us all :-)

I was hoping someone had already bought it and would tell me!

sponix
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grunff

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Sponix wrote:
Has anyone seen the businesses offered on ebay whereby you can make
your living by offering a service where you simply drill two holes?

At £1:99 why don't you buy the e book then you can tell us all :-)

Ok, I've just bought one.

What you get is an .exe. I haven't run it yet - I need to fire up the
non-networked crappy old test machine to run it on.

Will post back shortly.

--
Grunff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy MCR

I can't wait, this time next year we'll all be millionaires...

Just be carefull with that .exe

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grunff

Grunff wrote:

What you get is an .exe. I haven't run it yet - I need to fire up the
non-networked crappy old test machine to run it on.

Will post back shortly.

Ok, all done. The exe seems fairly safe - a proprietary e-book format.
(I still wouldn't let it near one of the networked machines!)

The business? Supply and installation of carbon monoxide detectors.

--
Grunff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
.

Grunff wrote:
Grunff wrote:

What you get is an .exe. I haven't run it yet - I need to fire up the
non-networked crappy old test machine to run it on.

Will post back shortly.

Ok, all done. The exe seems fairly safe - a proprietary e-book format.
(I still wouldn't let it near one of the networked machines!)

The business? Supply and installation of carbon monoxide detectors.

classic. probably worth a punt in the local press - run an ad for a month
see what the response rate is. run off 1000 A6 leaflets and go leafleting

.... hmmmmm....

/corners market in CO detectors ... retires/

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sponix

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 14:52:04 +0000, Grunff wrote:

The business? Supply and installation of carbon monoxide detectors.

It's a con! My CO detector is held up by THREE screws, not two!

sponix
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard Conway

Sponix wrote:
On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 14:52:04 +0000, Grunff wrote:

The business? Supply and installation of carbon monoxide detectors.

It's a con! My CO detector is held up by THREE screws, not two!

sponix

Maybe that is the secret - 1 less screw per CO detector and you'll save
a fortune in fixings over the competition

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian C

Grunff wrote:
Grunff wrote:

What you get is an .exe. I haven't run it yet - I need to fire up the
non-networked crappy old test machine to run it on.

Will post back shortly.

Ok, all done. The exe seems fairly safe - a proprietary e-book format.
(I still wouldn't let it near one of the networked machines!)

The business? Supply and installation of carbon monoxide detectors.

Could you post it to the chap who runs the ebayinfo site? Some great
stuff over there it will be in company with!

http://www.floodle.net/extra/ebayinfo

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Grunff wrote:

What you get is an .exe. I haven't run it yet - I need to fire up the
non-networked crappy old test machine to run it on.

Will post back shortly.

Ok, all done. The exe seems fairly safe - a proprietary e-book format.
(I still wouldn't let it near one of the networked machines!)

The business? Supply and installation of carbon monoxide detectors.

I suspect the real bisuness is the sale of valueless files to the bored
and curious.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

wrote:
[ snip ]

Blah blah blah.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vødkäjéllÿ

Grunff wrote:
Grunff wrote:

What you get is an .exe. I haven't run it yet - I need to fire up the
non-networked crappy old test machine to run it on.

Will post back shortly.

Ok, all done. The exe seems fairly safe - a proprietary e-book format.
(I still wouldn't let it near one of the networked machines!)

The business? Supply and installation of carbon monoxide detectors.

Did you leave feedback saying 'I'll be drilling two holes and installing
carbon monoxide detectors in no time!' ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Walker

Grunff wrote:

Ok, I've just bought one.

What you get is an .exe. I haven't run it yet - I need to fire up
the non-networked crappy old test machine to run it on.

Will post back shortly.

We're all going to be Riiiiiich!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sponix

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 14:30:06 +0000, Steve Firth
wrote:

Sponix wrote:
Has anyone seen the businesses offered on ebay whereby you can make
your living by offering a service where you simply drill two holes?

Whilst I don't believe it for a minute, I'm curious as to what sort of
service is on offer.

My thoughts are either smoke alarms or gas detectors..has anyone any
idea?

Trepanning.

LOL! I suppose it's a service that not many people offer..

sponix
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer

wrote:

Sponix wrote:
Has anyone seen the businesses offered on ebay whereby you can make
your living by offering a service where you simply drill two holes?

Trepanning.

LOL! I suppose it's a service that not many people offer..

That's Duplanning, is it not? 1/3 less people offer that. There must be
a fantastic market waiting to be cracked.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Aidan

Sponix wrote:

Trepanning.

LOL! I suppose it's a service that not many people offer..

Not many.

People want trepanners like they want a hole in the head.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian C

Aidan wrote:

People want trepanners like they want a hole in the head.

Watch out, sire. Mr Plowman will be along soon to pinch that line for
his taglines collection ;-)

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 14:29:24 UTC, "Aidan" wrote:

People want trepanners like they want a hole in the head.

Dave P ought to add that one to his sig database.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Bob Eager wrote:
People want trepanners like they want a hole in the head.

Dave P ought to add that one to his sig database.

Done. ;-)

--
*Isn't it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do "practice?"

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

GFCI still tripping fredinstl Home Repair 6 April 9th 05 06:56 PM
EBay hack Don Foreman Metalworking 59 March 23rd 05 02:32 AM
WARNING ! New ebay email scam ! Or should I say newest version of an old one Puff Griffis Woodturning 0 February 8th 04 02:22 AM
eBay Scam Marv Soloff Metalworking 5 December 31st 03 01:16 PM