Default wet room shower drain

Hi,

We've been unsuccessfully trying to find a clamping ring drain for a
"wet room" shower. We're sandwiching a heavy-duty damp proof membrane
(shower pan liner) between a sloped mortar bed and need a drain (with
trap -- are these called trapped floor gullies?) that will clamp in
the DPM and has weep holes that allow any water trapped above the DPM
in this mortar bed to also drain away. So far we've only come across
Aco, but they seem to only do industrial sizes. Wedi only seems to do
proprietary drains for their cement board systems. Does anyone know of
suppliers in the UK or Ireland of this type of drain?

Thanks,
Gina
jacob

Where can I get design details for a wet room floor i.e. for shower
room on 1st floor t&g boards?

cheers

Jacob
BigWallop

"jacob" wrote in message
om...
Where can I get design details for a wet room floor i.e. for shower
room on 1st floor t&g boards?

cheers

Jacob

The only way to make the floor water tight is to lay a fibre glass base with
drainage allowance somewhere. Quite literally making the whole floor a like
a shower base sort of style. Flimsy membranes or powder coatings or even
tiles, no matter how water resistant they say they are, would not be
suitable for a good wetroom floor, especially if it is on top of tongue and
grooved floorboards.

Glassing kits can be bought, but are quite expensive, so all I can suggest
is shop around for the cheapest supplier.

jacob

What about vinyl? The wet room floor constructed as a shallow pan (4
inch deep?) from w.b.p. ply or other stable-when-wet material. Corners
with internal radius - made up with silicon sealant or other compo
applied with profiled scaper, or timber moulding applied. Sheet vinyl
laid on dressed into horizontal corners but with vertical corners cut
and bedded on sealant and held in place with screw-through corner
pieces , wood or metal etc.
Drainage through Wade gulley GV 52.
Walls tiled or whatever but with drip detail at bottom edge to drain
into the pan - not behind the vinyl.
Has anybody experience of this construction? Are there paticular
vinyls or other materials which might be more suitable?

cheers

Jacob

S Viemeister

jacob wrote:

What about vinyl? The wet room floor constructed as a shallow pan (4
inch deep?) from w.b.p. ply or other stable-when-wet material. Corners
with internal radius - made up with silicon sealant or other compo
applied with profiled scaper, or timber moulding applied. Sheet vinyl
laid on dressed into horizontal corners but with vertical corners cut
and bedded on sealant and held in place with screw-through corner
pieces , wood or metal etc.
Drainage through Wade gulley GV 52.
Walls tiled or whatever but with drip detail at bottom edge to drain
into the pan - not behind the vinyl.
Has anybody experience of this construction? Are there paticular
vinyls or other materials which might be more suitable?

I've seen shower enclosures lined with sheet vinyl - it looked surprisingly
good - and no grout to scrub.

Small ensuite shower room - mosaic tiles pros & cons SC UK diy 6 August 21st 03 11:45 AM
New Condensing Boiler and Shower Bjorn UK diy 19 August 13th 03 03:54 PM
strange shaped shower rail NC UK diy 2 July 31st 03 12:33 PM
Thoughts from the shower #1 BigWallop UK diy 0 July 26th 03 05:30 PM
Leaky AquaLisa shower AlexL UK diy 3 July 9th 03 09:27 AM