BigWallop

Default wet room shower drain

"jacob" wrote in message
om...
Where can I get design details for a wet room floor i.e. for shower
room on 1st floor t&g boards?

cheers

Jacob

The only way to make the floor water tight is to lay a fibre glass base with
drainage allowance somewhere. Quite literally making the whole floor a like
a shower base sort of style. Flimsy membranes or powder coatings or even
tiles, no matter how water resistant they say they are, would not be
suitable for a good wetroom floor, especially if it is on top of tongue and
grooved floorboards.

Glassing kits can be bought, but are quite expensive, so all I can suggest
is shop around for the cheapest supplier.