Posted to uk.d-i-y
Will

Default Wiring CH controls

I have a Potterton Performa 28i combi boiler.

At present the timer is a fixed mechanical type and I do not have a
room thermostat fitted.

I want to install a Drayton Digistat 1 Thermostat (battery operated)
and a Drayton Tempus 1 timer (mains operated). I need some
clarification on the wiring.

There are 2 connections from the boiler pcb (1 and 2). However there
are 3 connections on the Digistat. I assume I connect terminal 1 from
the pcb to the com terminal (1) on the Digistat. Terminal 3 (call) on
the Digistat to terminal 1 (com) on the Tempus. Then terminal 3 (on)
from the Tempus back to terminal 2 on the pcb. Is this correct.
I have a seperate feed, live and neutral into the Tempus 1.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills \(aka Set Square\)

Will wrote:

I have a Potterton Performa 28i combi boiler.

At present the timer is a fixed mechanical type and I do not have a
room thermostat fitted.

I want to install a Drayton Digistat 1 Thermostat (battery operated)
and a Drayton Tempus 1 timer (mains operated). I need some
clarification on the wiring.

There are 2 connections from the boiler pcb (1 and 2). However there
are 3 connections on the Digistat. I assume I connect terminal 1 from
the pcb to the com terminal (1) on the Digistat. Terminal 3 (call) on
the Digistat to terminal 1 (com) on the Tempus. Then terminal 3 (on)
from the Tempus back to terminal 2 on the pcb. Is this correct.
I have a seperate feed, live and neutral into the Tempus 1.

Why not use a programmable stat - and thus do timing and temperature control
in a single unit?

I don't quite follow your wiring question, but you almost certainly only
need to use 2 of the 3 terminals on the stat - common, plus whichever other
one is connected to common when heating is required (and disconnected when
the set temperature is achieved). The third terminal would be used *instead*
if you were controlling cooling (air-con etc.) rather than heating
equipment.
--
Cheers,
Roger