Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve S

Default Electrical regs question - adding a socket to a fused spur.

I have a radial circuit, protected by a 16A MCB that is used for the
following:

CH (boiler, pump, valves, controller) via a FCU (3A)
Immersion heater, no FCU, just a switch

I would like to add a single socket to power a wireless repeater. This thing
requires a 13A socket for its wall-wart, and no other socket is within
reach. I would take it from the fused side of the FCU.
The current (no pun intended) 3A fuse would be fine.

Is such a thing permissible?

TIA,

Steve S

Spur for boiler needed - Via junction box or socket? [email protected] UK diy 10 June 1st 05 08:42 AM
extra socket off fused spur - is this OK? Zikki Malambo UK diy 0 December 21st 04 02:06 PM
Adding Headphone socket to TV Michael Murray UK diy 29 September 10th 03 12:28 AM
New Electrical Regs PoP UK diy 22 September 1st 03 08:41 PM
Electrical Wiring Grouping Factors in IEE Regs pickerel UK diy 5 July 14th 03 01:26 AM