Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sparks

Default Electrical regs question - adding a socket to a fused spur.

"Steve S" wrote in message
k...
I have a radial circuit, protected by a 16A MCB that is used for the
following:

CH (boiler, pump, valves, controller) via a FCU (3A)
Immersion heater, no FCU, just a switch

I would like to add a single socket to power a wireless repeater. This
thing requires a 13A socket for its wall-wart, and no other socket is
within reach. I would take it from the fused side of the FCU.
The current (no pun intended) 3A fuse would be fine.

Is such a thing permissible?

I think so, but it would be better to connect to the input of the spur (Or
place a junction box on the cable between the spur and the consumer unit,
and connect to that), then you have a socket that wont blow a fuse if
something bigger was plugged in to it at a later date (and take out the
heating system!)

Sparks...