Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clemcorp

Default moving a kitchen and bathroom

do UK building regulations demand that thetre should be a ventilated
corridor between a kitchen and a bathroom?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Clemcorp wrote:
do UK building regulations demand that thetre should be a ventilated
corridor between a kitchen and a bathroom?

You want a *bathroom* off the kitchen?? Well!
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Homer2911

Chris Bacon wrote:

Clemcorp wrote:
do UK building regulations demand that thetre should be a ventilated
corridor between a kitchen and a bathroom?

You want a *bathroom* off the kitchen?? Well!

In tens of thousands of terraced houses, where the bathroom was added
as an amenity in later years, there is not much choice but to have a
bathroom off the kitchen

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Homer2911 wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote:
Clemcorp wrote:

do UK building regulations demand that thetre should be a ventilated
corridor between a kitchen and a bathroom?

You want a *bathroom* off the kitchen?? Well!

In tens of thousands of terraced houses, where the bathroom was added
as an amenity in later years, there is not much choice but to have a
bathroom off the kitchen

He's talking in the present tense - as if he wants to do this.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
Chris Bacon writes:
Homer2911 wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote:
Clemcorp wrote:

do UK building regulations demand that thetre should be a ventilated
corridor between a kitchen and a bathroom?

You want a *bathroom* off the kitchen?? Well!

In tens of thousands of terraced houses, where the bathroom was added
as an amenity in later years, there is not much choice but to have a
bathroom off the kitchen

He's talking in the present tense - as if he wants to do this.

My surveyor told me the ventilated lobby between kitchen and
bathroom was never required, but was a very common misreading
of the building regs even by some architects and BCO's until
the wording was changed to clarify it.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer

On 09 Feb 2006 21:15:56 GMT Andrew Gabriel wrote :
My surveyor told me the ventilated lobby between kitchen and
bathroom was never required, but was a very common misreading
of the building regs even by some architects and BCO's until
the wording was changed to clarify it.

It was required under the Public Health Act c1962 and compliance with
this was a requirement if you were getting an improvement grant -
back in my early BCO days (late 1970s) we were still seeing lots of
grant aided bathroom extensions/conversions to older terrace houses.

[Latest version QSEDBUK 1.12 released 8 Dec 2005]