Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mungo

Default Understand legend on double glazing glass

Hi,
New double-glazing, and I'm trying to decypher the legend painted on
each pane
of glass.
At each corner there is
Darbytuf
Tempered
BS6206A
KM2070B (the letter B could be a 3)

Now I can make an intelligent guess at the first three lines, but what
is the
last line for?

Anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Mungo

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer

Mungo wrote:
Hi,
New double-glazing, and I'm trying to decypher the legend painted on
each pane
of glass.
At each corner there is
Darbytuf

Darby toughened glass?

Tempered

Obvious. They dip each pane in a bucket of whale oil as they are
produced.

BS6206A
KM2070B (the letter B could be a 3)

British Standards Number 6206A-KM2070B

How to tell if double glazing has "popped"... Mike Deblis UK diy 19 January 17th 06 04:44 PM
Double Glazing Quote Problem RedOnRed UK diy 18 October 17th 05 03:46 PM
double glazing new door mp UK diy 2 May 6th 05 11:20 PM
Double sided cabinets with glass doors? Sunflower Home Repair 3 October 12th 04 12:17 AM
Cracked outer double glazing pane - UK diy 6 July 9th 03 06:36 PM