Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Central heating diagram

Hi

I'm plumbing a simple central heating system for a friend in France
next week. Is there anyone that I could email a diagram of the system
to? It's central heating only so it's quite simple. Thanks

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks for the reply Roger

The main reason to send a diagram is that the flow and return pipes go
straight upstairs from the Rayburn. The flow and expansion (feed) pipe
are going to be linked to a "Ventair." After the pump the flow pipe
splits into two, taking a circuit to upstairs rads and the other one to
the downstairs rads. The flow pipe that travels downstairs comes back
upstairs as the return pipe, as does the the other flow pipe that does
the upstairs. My main question is, can the two return pipes join each
other upstairs? Obviously the flow of water is opposing at that point
but of course this a T junction that takes the return back downstairs
to the Rayburn.

I'm not a complete novice at this, I've done central heating before
successfully but I've not come across a situation where the return
pipes meet in a T junction as described and wondered if there would be
any turbulence?

It is central heating only so I would expect there's no need for a
pressure relief valve.

I have no webspace to upload it to but I could send it as a jpeg.

Thanks for the help!

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills \(aka Set Square\)

[...]

I don't see a problem with what you want to do. Because I have solid floors
downstairs, *all* my downstairs rads are fed from above - with the returns
going back up - where they all combine (with each other and with those from
the upstairs rads) before going back down to the boiler.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y