Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ric

Default Zanussi TC470 Dryer

Can anyone tell me where on the web I can see a diagram that shows how
the main belt is fixed on this machine. I can't work out how it goes
round the pullies.

Thanks in advance

Posted to uk.d-i-y
powerstation

"Ric" wrote in message
oups.com...
Can anyone tell me where on the web I can see a diagram that shows how
the main belt is fixed on this machine. I can't work out how it goes
round the pullies.

Thanks in advance

The diagram doesn't show show it, I will try to explain, pull the motor on
its bearings fully anticlockwise against the spring, put the belt onto motor
shaft release the motor the pulley attached to the motor will hit the left
hand side of the belt and tension it.

Peter

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee

Ric wrote:
Can anyone tell me where on the web I can see a diagram that shows how
the main belt is fixed on this machine. I can't work out how it goes
round the pullies.

Can't help with a picture, but we had one of these and the belt just
goes round the drum, (need to remove back panel obviously ) round the
motor shaft and then behind the tensioner. So that the the tensioner
wheel pushes onto the belt to tension it. The belt doesn't go round the
tensioner pulley, IYSWIM

You' may need to replace the belt driving the fan too, they slip when
they get old and screech when the drum reverses

Lee
--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.