Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jay

Default Whirlpool Dishwasher Problem

I recently purchased a second hand Whirlpool Dishwasher and plumbed it in
myself.

It has never worked right from day one, the little green light that is on it
flashes four times then pauses, then flashes four times etc etc. Is this a
fault code? If so what does it mean? I cannot find a manual online or
otherwise and the model number is ADP 4504 and I think it might be a special
number for Comet or something as I cannot find that number on the Whirpool
website.

Anyway if I press the button to start it doesnt seem to do anything, but if
I switch the thing off at the mains for a short time and then back on and
keep the start button pressed in for a few seconds it starts up. It goes
through the whole cycle but the wash quality is quite poor and the remnants
of any water left on the dishes is dirty.

Has anyone got an idea what's wrong with it?

Jay

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Jay wrote:
[...]

What is the 12 digit reference code on the label on your machine ?
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jay

What is the 12 digit reference code on the label on your machine ?

I can't find a label with 12 digit code on it...

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Jay wrote:
What is the 12 digit reference code on the label on your machine ?

I can't find a label with 12 digit code on it...

It'll be on the back?

the filters might need cleaning?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
powerstation

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
k...
Jay wrote:
What is the 12 digit reference code on the label on your machine ?

I can't find a label with 12 digit code on it...

It'll be on the back?

the filters might need cleaning?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Fault 4 is "Draining Failure"

Peter

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jay

Fault 4 is "Draining Failure"

Peter

Thanks. What does that mean? What could cause a draining failure? I have
checked the filters and they are clear.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
powerstation

"Jay" wrote in message

Fault 4 is "Draining Failure"

Peter

Thanks. What does that mean? What could cause a draining failure? I have
checked the filters and they are clear.

Do you have water remaining in the machine after a wash ?