Member

Default Boiler cycling

I have an oil fired boiler which has been munching away at the oil since we moved into the house recently (200 pounds worth of oil for a month - this is a lot???). I never heard of boiler cycling until recently and I'm not sure how the boiler is cycling but is there any info on how long a boiler should be firing for and if it is cycling too much can it be adjusted ????

Any info much appreciated - have search hi and lo but can't seem to find to much on it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
John

"Fatboise" wrote in message

I have an oil fired boiler which has been munching away at the oil since
we moved into the house recently (200 pounds worth of oil for a month -
this is a lot???).

Ouch - how big is the house - stately home?

I never heard of boiler cycling until recently and
I'm not sure how the boiler is cycling but is there any info on how
long a boiler should be firing for and if it is cycling too much can it
be adjusted ????

The boiler WILL cycle as it will have an on/off thermostat controlling the
burner based on the temperature of the water in the boiler. We need some
useful data such as BTU/hour rating of boiler and whether it is a combi,
conventional flue, balanced flue, when it was last serviced, what the system
controls are.
With this background we can make some contribution.

New condensing boiler installation - truth or lies Martin Evans UK diy 57 July 2nd 05 02:13 PM
Condensing Boiler News RedOnRed UK diy 0 April 9th 05 05:37 PM
TRVs, flow switches and boiler cycling Mike Clarke UK diy 18 November 8th 04 05:00 PM
11degC across Boiler, why? Tom UK diy 54 September 24th 04 07:32 AM
Boiler problem - hot water, cold radiators Dan the man UK diy 9 October 7th 03 11:26 PM