Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Default Best paint deal about?

In case anyone is looking for a good deal on paint...

A mate is doing a house refurb prior to letting, so he asked me to get
some paint for him while I was shopping. I happened to be in Makro, and
noticed they had some 'kin big tins on special offer. I managed to get a
20L bucket of emulsion for about 15 quid inc VAT. It is branded simply
as "trade emulsion", but the manufacturers address gives it away as a
Kalon product (aka Layland, Johnstones etc). Having seen it in action I
can report it actually does the job very well.

(they were also flogging Johnstones branded tubs at approx £12/10L -
still a good enough price but not quite as good as the big buckets).

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jay

there's a paint manufacturers in Heckmondwike that let you walk in and pay
cash even for small orders, they make paint for Wickes amongst others. I
havent bought any from there in a while, but I remember when I did I was
getting it at nearly a third of the price Wickes were selling it.

"John Rumm" wrote in message
In case anyone is looking for a good deal on paint...

A mate is doing a house refurb prior to letting, so he asked me to get
some paint for him while I was shopping. I happened to be in Makro, and
noticed they had some 'kin big tins on special offer. I managed to get a
20L bucket of emulsion for about 15 quid inc VAT. It is branded simply as
"trade emulsion", but the manufacturers address gives it away as a Kalon
product (aka Layland, Johnstones etc). Having seen it in action I can
report it actually does the job very well.

(they were also flogging Johnstones branded tubs at approx £12/10L - still
a good enough price but not quite as good as the big buckets).

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
RedOnRed

The cheapest coloured paint freely available on shelves must be Wicke's
trade stuff in the big 10 litre tubs for under a tenner.

I used some on two rooms about 5 years ago, it went on well and it still
looks alright.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

RedOnRed wrote:
The cheapest coloured paint freely available on shelves must be
Wicke's trade stuff in the big 10 litre tubs for under a tenner.

I used some on two rooms about 5 years ago, it went on well and it
still looks alright.

And now your stuck with 8.5 Litres. ;-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
RedOnRed

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
. ..
RedOnRed wrote:
The cheapest coloured paint freely available on shelves must be
Wicke's trade stuff in the big 10 litre tubs for under a tenner.

I used some on two rooms about 5 years ago, it went on well and it
still looks alright.

And now your stuck with 8.5 Litres. ;-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Hmmm, you may have a valid point there.

But even so, it was remarkably cheap colour paint - even if they do have the
cheek to give you too much of it.