Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian

Default Baxi Bermuda Inset 2 50/4E back boiler lockout

I have an intermittent problem with a Baxi Bermuda Inset 2 50/4E back
boiler.

The igniter starts and the pilot light comes on but the boiler
doesn't always light, the lockout light coming on after about 30 sec.
During this 30 sec period the pilot light is on and the igniter is
still sparking . Resetting the boiler by switching odd and back on
again resolves the problem - until the next time !!

Should I suspect the PCB or something else ?

Any help appreciated.

Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian_m

"Brian" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have an intermittent problem with a Baxi Bermuda Inset 2 50/4E back
boiler.

The igniter starts and the pilot light comes on but the boiler
doesn't always light, the lockout light coming on after about 30 sec.
During this 30 sec period the pilot light is on and the igniter is
still sparking . Resetting the boiler by switching odd and back on
again resolves the problem - until the next time !!

Should I suspect the PCB or something else ?

Had this issue with drafts, bending the flame slightly causing the CO flame
sensor to trigger the lockout. Not always on windy days either.

Cured, in my case, by better draft sealing around the back hearth and a
baffle plate being fixed by the fitter near the flame. I think air was being
drawn in as the boiler ignited bending the flame. The fitter temporarily
fitted some aluminium foil baffles to experiment as the boiler would not
fault when open and taken apart of course. Removed foil and fitted a plate
once he got it working 100%. This fixed it for years afterwards.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian

Thanks for that, worth a look, although the boiler has been working
fine for about 2 years with no problems.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Phillips

On 2006-01-23, Ian_m wrote:
"Brian" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have an intermittent problem with a Baxi Bermuda Inset 2 50/4E back
boiler.

The igniter starts and the pilot light comes on but the boiler
doesn't always light, the lockout light coming on after about 30 sec.
During this 30 sec period the pilot light is on and the igniter is
still sparking . Resetting the boiler by switching odd and back on
again resolves the problem - until the next time !!

Should I suspect the PCB or something else ?

Had this issue with drafts, bending the flame slightly causing the CO flame
sensor to trigger the lockout. Not always on windy days either.

I wonder if internal drafts is the "issue" with my Inset 3 50/6E? It has
never gone into lockout, but when it ignites it takes, inconsistently,
from just one spark to very many sparks to ignite the boiler. At times
I hear it going click... click... click... and wonder if it is about to
go into lockout but it never has. Yet.

John
--
John Phillips

Baxi Bermuda Inset 2 Boiler 50/4E lockout Brian UK diy 9 February 9th 18 09:14 PM
Non-modulating condensing boilers? Egremont UK diy 34 July 22nd 05 07:02 PM
Baxi Bermuda boiler Steve UK diy 10 October 21st 03 08:03 PM
Sensor pipe on Baxi Bermuda inset 2 Jonathan Curtis UK diy 1 October 17th 03 09:21 PM
Baxi back boiler power settings Owain UK diy 3 July 4th 03 07:51 PM