Brian

Default Baxi Bermuda Inset 2 Boiler 50/4E lockout

Hi,
I have the above boiler and am experiencing the following :-

When the timer calls for water the boiler will not ignite. I can hear
the ignitor clicking but there is no ignition and the 'lockout' light
comes on. If I reset the boiler as per instructions it works OK -
igniting multiple times as required until the next new timed period,
when the above sequence has to be performed.

I have check the pump and motorised valves and they are OK so I suspect
the boiler. I rang Baxi who have quoted £219 for a repair. I stated
that the boiler was 3.5 years old and already on its second PCB so I
was reluctant to spend another £219 on it just yet.

Does anyone have any experience with this problem ?

Any advice gratefully recieved

Brian

Ed Sirett

On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 11:23:11 -0800, Brian wrote:

Hi,
I have the above boiler and am experiencing the following :-

When the timer calls for water the boiler will not ignite. I can hear
the ignitor clicking but there is no ignition and the 'lockout' light
comes on. If I reset the boiler as per instructions it works OK -
igniting multiple times as required until the next new timed period,
when the above sequence has to be performed.

I have check the pump and motorised valves and they are OK so I suspect
the boiler. I rang Baxi who have quoted £219 for a repair. I stated
that the boiler was 3.5 years old and already on its second PCB so I
was reluctant to spend another £219 on it just yet.

Does anyone have any experience with this problem ?

Any advice gratefully recieved

No particular order:

No gas - PCB, gas valve, gas supply (yeah right) or blocked injector.
No flames - spark electrode shorting (but still ticking), igniter pylon
broken, electrode missing or misplaced, debris near ignition area
No detection of flames - lead, pylon and electrode (maybe same as above).
or PCB.

As you can see the PCB mightn't be the cause.

Brian

Thanks for the reply Ed,

What I can't understand is that if it's not the PCB, why does resetting
the boiler make it work ?

I am going to take the firefront off this weekend and see if I can
detect any of the problems that you've mentioned.

Brian

Ed Sirett

On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 12:01:59 -0800, Brian wrote:

Thanks for the reply Ed,

What I can't understand is that if it's not the PCB, why does resetting
the boiler make it work ?

I am going to take the firefront off this weekend and see if I can
detect any of the problems that you've mentioned.

It's an intermittent fault give it another go and you get lucky.
This means that it's not likely to be something hard like a broken wire or
a bad gas valve.

Brian

Thanks again Ed,

I'll give it a good clean and disconnect / reconnect all the electrical
connections.

Brian

Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
Hi,
I have the above boiler and am experiencing the following :-

When the timer calls for water the boiler will not ignite. I can hear
the ignitor clicking but there is no ignition and the 'lockout' light
comes on. If I reset the boiler as per instructions it works OK -
igniting multiple times as required until the next new timed period,
when the above sequence has to be performed.

I have check the pump and motorised valves and they are OK so I suspect
the boiler. I rang Baxi who have quoted £219 for a repair. I stated
that the boiler was 3.5 years old and already on its second PCB so I
was reluctant to spend another £219 on it just yet.

Does anyone have any experience with this problem ?

Any advice gratefully recieved

Brian

Id recommend that you test the polarity to your BBU. If ok, ensure that your getting 240v to the appliance..If your getting a spark at the pilot and no flame, check if there is gas to pilot, at time of ignition..you have an oxy pilot and if there is fluff-lint, around the pilots air port then it will not light. try these checks ...post me the results ...good luck....ps you have to be gas qualified to work on any gas appliance
Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gastec
Id recommend that you test the polarity to your BBU. If ok, ensure that your getting 240v to the appliance..If your getting a spark at the pilot and no flame, check if there is gas to pilot, at time of ignition..you have an oxy pilot and if there is fluff-lint, around the pilots air port then it will not light. try these checks ...post me the results ...good luck....ps you have to be gas qualified to work on any gas appliance

Id recommend that you test the polarity to your BBU. If ok, ensure that your getting 240v to the appliance..If your getting a spark at the pilot and no flame, check if there is gas to pilot, at time of ignition..you have an oxy pilot and if there is fluff-lint, around the pilots air port then it will not light. try these checks ...post me the results ...good luck....ps you have to be gas qualified to work on any gas appliance
raden

In message , gastec
writes

Id recommend that you test the polarity to your BBU. If ok, ensure that
your getting 240v to the appliance..If your getting a spark at the
pilot
and no flame, check if there is gas to pilot, at time of ignition..you
have an oxy pilot and if there is fluff-lint, around the pilots air
port then it will not light. try these checks ...post me the results
...good luck....

ps you have to be gas qualified to work on any gas
appliance

What did I say ? I could see it coming

No you don't

I repeat, if you don't know what you're talking about STFU

Stupid ****

--
geoff
raden

In message , gastec
writes

gastec Wrote:
[...]

He's talking to himself now

ha ha

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to gastec, Muarrif wrote:
Hi I have the exact same problem but we are in 2018 and biker is old. I do not
see a resolution confirmation to the above. Could thermostat sensor 232215 be
the culprit?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...ut-207350-.htm

Condensing Boiler News RedOnRed UK diy 0 April 9th 05 05:37 PM
Baxi Boiler shutting down steve UK diy 29 October 24th 04 12:29 AM
Old Baxi WM 531 RS boiler problem David Hearn UK diy 8 December 1st 03 06:58 PM
Baxi Bermuda boiler Steve UK diy 10 October 21st 03 08:03 PM
Sensor pipe on Baxi Bermuda inset 2 Jonathan Curtis UK diy 1 October 17th 03 09:21 PM