Posted to uk.d-i-y
In2Minds

Default software and bathrooms

is there any software available for designing bathrooms ?

I plan to split ours to create an en-suite for one bedroom but am having
trouble with the design
the room is currently 2500 * 2900 and would be split into...

800 * 2900
1600 *2900
allowing for a 100mm dividing wall

or possibly take a 1200 * 1200 (roughly) block out of a corner to create
an L shaped main bathroom

I've discussed it with the local estate agent and she says it's a good
idea and would definitely add more value than it would cost

any advice would be appreciated

thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In2Minds wrote:

I've discussed it with the local estate agent and she says it's a good
idea and would definitely add more value than it would cost

Hah! Too much television.

--
Chris Green

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vass

"In2Minds" wrote in message
is there any software available for designing bathrooms ?

This I have found to be brilliant - it covers Kitchens and Bathrooms
30 day trial but allows saving and printing

Supposed to be commercial use, but very easy to get on with

http://www.kitchendraw.com/gallery.htm

--
Vass

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle

the room is currently 2500 * 2900 and would be split into...

800 * 2900
1600 *2900

I've decided that 800mm would be too narrow for my ensuite and have plumped
for 900mm. Luckily my hallway is exactly 900mm wide, so I was able to mock
it up when the suite arrived. 900mm is reasonably comfortable, given that
the basin will be opposite the door, giving extra room for the posterior.
However, 800mm would probably be too narrow. Although 800mm is doable for
the toilet, you'd need to find an extra shallow hand basin.

If you went for 900mm, I reckon you could make a bathroom out of the
remaining 1500x2900, especially as the master bedroom has an en-suite.

It might be possible to shorten the en-suite by a small amount. I can't
remember how long toilets are to check, though. It might not fit. This could
provide a valuable cupboard either for a hot water cylinder (if needed) or
for towel/toiletries storage for the main bathroom.

800 600 900 600

+-------+ +-------+----+
| | |
|TOILET SHOWER |C/B?|
| | | 900
| BASIN | |
+---------+----+-------+ + 100
| TOILET |
| | 800
| |
| +-----------------+
| | |
| | BATH | 700
| | |
+-+ +-+-----------------+
1200 1700

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
.

Vass wrote:
"In2Minds" wrote in message
is there any software available for designing bathrooms ?

This I have found to be brilliant - it covers Kitchens and Bathrooms
30 day trial but allows saving and printing

Supposed to be commercial use, but very easy to get on with

http://www.kitchendraw.com/gallery.htm

me too. took me a while to get my worktops to sit on the units instead of
hovering 200mm above it but it's very easy to use, highly intuitive to the
point of not having to refer to the manaul and getting a 3D representation
of my kitchen within half an hour of just fiddling about with it.

does bathrooms, too. obv.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

In2Minds wrote:
is there any software available for designing bathrooms ?

I plan to split ours to create an en-suite for one bedroom but am
having trouble with the design
the room is currently 2500 * 2900 and would be split into...

800 * 2900
1600 *2900
allowing for a 100mm dividing wall

or possibly take a 1200 * 1200 (roughly) block out of a corner to
create an L shaped main bathroom

I've discussed it with the local estate agent and she says it's a good
idea and would definitely add more value than it would cost

any advice would be appreciated

thanks

I like this online one...
http://www.3dspacer.com/interior_des...tions_bath.php
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Set Square

In2Minds wrote:

is there any software available for designing bathrooms ?

I plan to split ours to create an en-suite for one bedroom but am
having trouble with the design
the room is currently 2500 * 2900 and would be split into...

800 * 2900
1600 *2900
allowing for a 100mm dividing wall

or possibly take a 1200 * 1200 (roughly) block out of a corner to
create an L shaped main bathroom

I've discussed it with the local estate agent and she says it's a good
idea and would definitely add more value than it would cost

any advice would be appreciated

thanks

There's plenty of CAD-like stuff which would help with the layout - but
that's the easy bit anyway, and can just as easily be done on the back of an
envelope.

The tricky bit is sorting the plumbing - particularly routing the toilet
waste to the soil stack - taking account of joist positions, etc. It would
probably take longer to model that with software than it would to do it!
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Posted to uk.d-i-y
emma

This

http://www.bathroom-design-guide.com/bathroom-planner/

is also good

Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://www.kitchendraw.com/gallery.htm
How do you add a window ?
Simon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

wrote:
http://www.kitchendraw.com/gallery.htm
How do you add a window ?
Simon.

you cant its against the regs. ;-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vass

wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.kitchendraw.com/gallery.htm

How do you add a window ?
Simon.

you need a wall, then select the CONSTRAINTS
and pick a window

make sure you put the shelf on the inside

--
Vass

Posted to uk.d-i-y
.

wrote:
http://www.kitchendraw.com/gallery.htm
How do you add a window ?
Simon.

sorry, no idea. as I said: I didn't RTFM and only played with it for half an hour or so.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
.

Set Square wrote:
In2Minds wrote:

[...]

that's a very good point, well made. often the poo stack will dictate
at least which side of the room the loo goes on and that in turn will
affect the layout.

my father in law has done several self builds / £200K+ refurbs using a
drawing board, an A2 graph paper pad and a few rotring pens.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

.. wrote:
wrote:
http://www.kitchendraw.com/gallery.htm
How do you add a window ?
Simon.

sorry, no idea. as I said: I didn't RTFM and only played with it for
half an hour or so.

There's a cure for that.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
.

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
. wrote:
wrote:
http://www.kitchendraw.com/gallery.htm
How do you add a window ?
Simon.

sorry, no idea. as I said: I didn't RTFM and only played with it for
half an hour or so.

There's a cure for that.

maybe so !

/goes off to paint the kitchen ceiling

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Christian McArdle wrote:

It might be possible to shorten the en-suite by a small amount. I can't
remember how long toilets are to check, though. It might not fit. This could
provide a valuable cupboard either for a hot water cylinder (if needed) or
for towel/toiletries storage for the main bathroom.

And it also makes plumbing for the shower a bit easier as well!

800 600 900 600

+-------+ +-------+----+
| | |
|TOILET SHOWER |C/B?|
| | | 900
| BASIN | |
+---------+----+-------+ + 100
| TOILET |
| | 800
| |
| +-----------------+
| | |
| | BATH | 700
| | |
+-+ +-+-----------------+
1200 1700

Wot no basin in the bathroom?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle

Wot no basin in the bathroom?

I left it to the imagination of the reader.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
In2Minds

The tricky bit is sorting the plumbing - particularly routing the
toilet waste to the soil stack - taking account of joist positions,
etc. It would probably take longer to model that with software than
it would to do it!

that's a very good point, well made. often the poo stack will dictate
at least which side of the room the loo goes on and that in turn will
affect the layout.

it does, the soil pipe is at the back of the room above floor level so
any toilets have to be on that wall