Posted to uk.d-i-y
BobS

Default Slow flow from tap

My hot tap, normal type with jumper and washer, in the downstairs cloakroom
has gradually become harder to turn on and now refuses to open at all. We
are not in a hard water area, i.e. we never have problems with kettles
furring up etc. I know it means taking the tap apart and cleaning it, but
what would be the best way to prevent this occurring in the future? Thanks,
BobS

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fentoozler

"BobS" wrote in message
My hot tap, normal type with jumper and washer, in the downstairs
cloakroom has gradually become harder to turn on and now refuses to open
at all. We are not in a hard water area, i.e. we never have problems with
kettles furring up etc. I know it means taking the tap apart and cleaning
it, but what would be the best way to prevent this occurring in the
future? Thanks, BobS

A smear of silicone grease around the shaft. Available from Plumb Center.

Angus